• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Before I buy DT990PROs - any other options to consider?

SiW

Can get these from Amazon UK for £101 new, but before I pull the pin wondering if there is anything else I should consider like Fidelio X2, AKG K702, Fostex T50RPMKIII etc

I like a wide range of music but do like sub bass rumble and mid bass kick on my rock and electronic music :)

These will be an upgrade from my NAD Viso cans and can be open, closed, planar etc :)

Are there any other options I should consider for under £200 new or used available in the uk from Amazon or eBay?

Will be run from a DX3Pro.

Cheers!

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
Can get these from Amazon UK for £101 new, but before I pull the pin wondering if there is anything else I should consider like Fidelio X2, AKG K702, Fostex T50RPMKIII etc

I like a wide range of music but do like sub bass rumble and mid bass kick on my rock and electronic music :)

Cheers!

This will rule out the AKG 702.

OP
S

SiW

Shame I can’t hear any before buying but atleast through Amazon I can return them if I don’t like them.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
What about the NADs didn’t you like? I’d describe those as having sub-bass extension and slightly pronounced mid-bass, so I guess there was something about the mids/highs that wasn’t to your liking?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
DT990/250 Pro:
dt990-250-fr.png

HP50:
fr-hp50.png

Just try the DT990 and return if you don't like them.

OP
S

SiW

The NADs are great for the low end but the highs could be a little more sparkly. Nice for a relaxed listen :)

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The NADs are great for the low end but the highs could be a little more sparkly. Nice for a relaxed listen :)

Yeh that’s my impression too. Trying some EQ might be another option if you don’t want to trade off that excllent low end extension of the NADs.

Top Bottom