• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
20210413_201707.jpg

_thelaughingman

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Alexanderc

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Maybe someone here can help me. I used to love Belhaven Twisted Thistle. I could only get it in bottles here in the US, but about 10 years ago they changed from dark colored glass to clear and the flavor changed completely. I sent a message to the brewery and never got a reply. I used to buy it by the 24 pack, but haven’t had it now for at least a decade. Anybody have any insight?

dtaylo1066

Do folks on the ASR Forum look into the specs, ingredients and science of how thier favorite beers are brewed, or who brews them and their qualifications, or is it just a taste perception opinion? I'm not trying to be a dick. A lot of beers I hear people rave about are often not well made or are made with no consistency.

Certainkindoffool

Forum Donor
Do folks on the ASR Forum look into the specs, ingredients and science of how thier favorite beers are brewed, or who brews them and their qualifications, or is it just a taste perception opinion? I'm not trying to be a dick. A lot of beers I hear people rave about are often not well made or are made with no consistency.

I don't check ingredients unless I like the beer. But, that is mostly because I brew and like to expose myself to different things I might want to experiment with.

Alexanderc

Forum Donor
Is Clownshoes Undead Party Crasher seasonal? I haven’t seen it for about 6 months. The local place has other Clownshoes offerings, but not that one.

Raindog123

Major Contributor
Do folks on the ASR Forum look into the specs, ingredients and science of how thier favorite beers are brewed, or who brews them and their qualifications, or is it just a taste perception opinion? I'm not trying to be a dick...

Yes you are. And its okay. :) The truth is there is no "one uniform army of us ASR folks". We all come from different places with different ideas, expectations, and delusions. Including those on beer.

thegeton

Forum Donor
At Peninsula Beverage Co. in Port Orchard WA: On the left, a fragrant Tangerine Wheat beer from Valholl Brewing. On the right, a nice dry Strawberry Kiwi cider from One Tree Hard Cider. In the foreground a pair of free "shots" of an amazing bourbon barrel aged cider that I forgot to ask about.

PenBevSm20210418.jpg

Alexanderc

Forum Donor
Top Bottom