• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Your pouring it in at the wrong angle, wait let me check the possible variations and get back to you.

Have you broken your abstinence?

Topping up your toxicity?

EDIT 2- Im rather proud of that pun.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
First cask conditioned beer for me in months, courtesy of the local pubs takeout service. This is wonderful in a beer garden in perfect weather, but you cannot have everything.
summerlightning.png
Ah one of my very very favourite beers ! There's a great music pub in bath that serve this .

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Like the label. Sadly, your review echoes my feelings on nearly all Brewdog (and collabs of theirs) I have tried. Even the best are nothing to write home about.
I like punk IPA a lot, but I kind of agree with the sentiment. I did however love, in a completely dangerous way their tactical nuclear penguin limited super strong beer, it's probably a good thing for me you cannot buy it.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I like punk IPA a lot, but I kind of agree with the sentiment. I did however love, in a completely dangerous way their tactical nuclear penguin limited super strong beer, it's probably a good thing for me you cannot buy it.

Oddly enough, a can of Punk came in a mixed box this week. So of course I had to drink it. Nicer than I remembered.

I've only heard of but never seen the penguin.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
There's double punk DIPA now, get some !

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No , well ... I had 2 DIPA'S last night but it was my birthday.

I'm currently enjoying my bar,
View attachment 70958

A very odd night in Krakow put me off the bison grass. Had the blue Tarquins just recently- not my favourite type of gin. Nor was the Roku funnily enough. Just finished a bottle of the blood orange malfi too. Not a fan of pink drinks! (more importantly, I found the flavour artificial, even if it isnt)

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
A very odd night in Krakow put me off the bison grass. Had the blue Tarquins just recently- not my favourite type of gin. Nor was the Roku funnily enough. Just finished a bottle of the blood orange malfi too. Not a fan of pink drinks! (more importantly, I found the flavour artificial, even if it isnt)
I don't like the malfi, it dose taste artificial. I use it as a mixer .

Love the seadog gin and the pastis, Roku gin is ok but won't buy again .

The raw ginger , chilli , basil and other goodies I use .. including a very delicate maple syrup all help along the way.

Still it ain't fookin beer so my apologies.

Oh btw I'm still digesting a pork knuckle I had in Krakow, some 8 years ago no less. Great beer scene there , it was new year ! Fireworks launched from the hip , no health and safety lol

GD Fan

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

The raw ginger , chilli , basil and other goodies I use .. including a very delicate maple syrup all help along the way.

Oh btw I'm still digesting a pork knuckle I had in Krakow, some 8 years ago no less. Great beer scene there , it was new year ! Fireworks launched from the hip , no health and safety lol
Not drinking beer - are you being punished?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Not drinking beer - are you being punished?

Amir gave him the hard word. Something about the dangers of drinking on the job , learning from his example, "reply all" company emails. That kind of thing.

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

My trip nearly ended up like Taken. Or maybe Hostel.

Luckily, when drunk, I have a particular set of skills.

Angsty

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I enjoy a local brew from time to time, the trusty stalwart always stays in my refrigerator...
1593296503428.jpeg

Last edited:

GD Fan

Forum Donor
Just finished: Westmalle Trappist (triple) Belgian beer 9.5%. Specialty beer but we can buy it in the supermarket here :).

Before that: Duvel.

And that's it for today (quite strong beers!)View attachment 70974
The Westmalle Dubbel is one of my all time favorites. Their Triple is also outstanding. Cheers!

GD Fan

Forum Donor
If you like warm beer this has little to recommend it other than the unusual ability to taste like warm beer regardless how cold it may be...

20200629_222750.jpg

Top Bottom