• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Laughing Monk Holy Ghost Pilsner

First time I've seen it since I started drinking Beer again this month. :D New labels show they pulled Bronze for International Pilsner in the 2022 Great American Beer Festival. :D :D

*sighs wistfully

Need to enjoy now because I'm going to go back off Beer in June.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My homebrew IPA.
Marris otter malt, kviek Lutra yeast, home grown centennial hops, sabro hops, and Simcoe hops.
PXL_20230522_040102020.jpg

Hexspa

Ok, as some of you might know I don't trust any man who does not drink beer...

What's your favourite beer? Maybe you have brewed some yourself?

Pictures of your favourite ales and such are desirable , being introduced to great new beer is a joy.

( no wine but talk of cider is acceptable)
I prefer not to be trusted.

Four years (Cali) sober and I encourage everyone to quit drinking asap.

But I know most won’t listen so, by all means, carry on.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Thanks for the compliment!

Abv is ~6.5% and 60IBUs
Sweet spot for ipa. :)

I stopped brewing several years back as I ran out of time due to my career as a Chef. I had two carboys sitting in the pantry brightening that stayed too long to salvage as I couldn’t get them bottled. :(

I need to start up again, but now space is an issue. Can’t win!

Maybe I’ll make it more important once I hit my health goals. But one month back on beer has been ok though added 5 lbs almost instantly. :rolleyes:

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

I stopped brewing several years back as I ran out of time due to my career as a Chef. I had two carboys sitting in the pantry brightening that stayed too long to salvage as I couldn’t get them bottled. :(

Maybe I’ll make it more important once I hit my health goals. But one month back on beer has been ok though added 5 lbs almost instantly. :rolleyes:
Yeah I totally understand. I blame it squarely on getting old. I definitely have to pay mich more attention to my food and drink intake and how much I exercise than I used to when I was younger.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

I'm gaining weight with wine and gin so don't feel bad about beer. :D Dr said I have to cut out, "Grease." So I guess that means butter but margarine is so yucky and butter is so good for frying. :D

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Just curious - is there a way to measure IBU for homebrew without a lab, or is it calculated?
A lot of the Brew Calculators online will give a good approximation based on the info you enter. I used to use Brewer's Friend... dunno if its still around but it was a good system and would adjust for all hop additions and how you utilize them from length of Boil or First Wort, Dry Hopping etc...

I've never brewed with Homegrown Fresh Hops, though, so that would end up based as an approximation I suspect. ;)

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
I'm gaining weight with wine and gin so don't feel bad about beer. :D Dr said I have to cut out, "Grease." So I guess that means butter but margarine is so yucky and butter is so good for frying. :D
No self respecting human should ever put margarine into their body. Butter is considered a good fat unless you burn it. :D

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
No self respecting human should ever put margarine into their body. Butter is considered a good fat unless you burn it. :D
Butter just browns everything so nicely and has such a higher temp cooking zone. I cut my butter use from ~2 or 3 lb per month to 1 lb per month. :D Cheese is cheese and Ima not cutting cheese outta my diet. There has to be a point of satisfaction with tasty rich food and dieting combined. I ate a $8 hunk of camembert on the way home yesterday and I like my cheeses.

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I think the answer is: "run farther" to offset the cheese.:p

Top Bottom