• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That founders breakfast stout is pretty great though.

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
Pretty sure you can find some stouts at Pinthouse Pizza or Austin Beerworks :D
I wish. Pinthouse has a porter right now ... not the same. ABW had their Sputnik but that's not anything to write home about.

I'm from Milwaukee originally; up there this time of year you can't walk 3 blocks without running into a brewery that has at least 2 good stouts on tap. Just not the same here.

gorb

Forum Donor
I wish. Pinthouse has a porter right now ... not the same. ABW had their Sputnik but that's not anything to write home about.

I'm from Milwaukee originally; up there this time of year you can't walk 3 blocks without running into a brewery that has at least 2 good stouts on tap. Just not the same here.

Fair enough. Fortunately for me there are always excellent local stouts available in DFW :D

Last edited:

RickSanchez

Major Contributor
Cartographer
@RickSanchez
Congrats to becoming a ‘Major Contributor’!
:D
Thanks! Very happy to have found ASR a few years back while searching for a new DAC. I've learned a ton and hopefully helped a few folks along the way. It's a fantastic community; so many people -- such as yourself -- that have contributed to making it great.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
All on tap:

1644900148217.png

1644900222149.png

1644900251154.png

1644900297357.png

somebodyelse

Major Contributor
Those remind me of Fun Fair's Christmas Cake Walk (like christmas cake in a pint pot) and Tea Cups (a very pale and slightly cloudy ginger - people may think you're drinking lemonade). Unfortunately I think they stopped regular brewing in 2019.

Honken

Huh, you get them all the way over in Singapore? That's cool, I thought that Brewski was a bit too micro to export. They're from town, and here they almost pollute the store shelves due to them having so many one-off batches.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Huh, you get them all the way over in Singapore? That's cool, I thought that Brewski was a bit too micro to export. They're from town, and here they almost pollute the store shelves due to them having so many one-off batches.

Yeah, I can get Omnipollo, Mikkeller, Amundsen as well OTOH for Scandinavian craft beer. Usually go for Australian/NZ/local stuff because it's a tad fresher and cheaper but couldn't resist at what a pub here was charging for pints.

Jon wise

I shall be having one of these later. robust, strongly hopped. Even nicer straight from the cask.

Attachments

• abbot-ale-bottle-greene-king-beer-shop-30468492296352.jpg
    abbot-ale-bottle-greene-king-beer-shop-30468492296352.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 54

Honken

Yeah, I can get Omnipollo, Mikkeller, Amundsen as well OTOH for Scandinavian craft beer. Usually go for Australian/NZ/local stuff because it's a tad fresher and cheaper but couldn't resist at what a pub here was charging for pints.
Yeah, I can imagine. Though, I wonder if the prices there are higher than what they are here with our very high taxes on alcohol. That strawberry pie is 4.3 USD in stores here.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah, I can imagine. Though, I wonder if the prices there are higher than what they are here with our very high taxes on alcohol. That strawberry pie is 4.3 USD in stores here.

I paid a bit more than 10USD for a pint from the tap of the Brewski at a craft beer bar that's slightly out of the way. About what one'd pay for stuff like Stone or Brewdog here, so that's a good price considering margins, shipping and taxes. Another place I go to had this Omnipollo for 23USD/pint(!) - bartender snuck me a little sample of this fabulous stuff but way beyond what I'd pay for beer.

Honken

That sounds about the same as here, interesting. And yikes, yeah Omnipollos stouts are quite expensive here as well.

I'm a big fan of their IPA Nebuchadnezzar, very refreshing.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That sounds about the same as here, interesting. And yikes, yeah Omnipollos stouts are quite expensive here as well.

I'm a big fan of their IPA Nebuchadnezzar, very refreshing.

Excellent, thanks for the recommendation. I have only tried Zodiak, it has that clean piney taste that's also refreshing

TheBatsEar

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Your sugary ethanol sodas might be a good fit to a McD Milkshake, but objectively, you have the wrong drinks.

Behold!
Peak beer!

36891233790_76bbce6b3b_o.jpg

EDIT: BTW, i'm German, and not afraid to say that the Czech beergods have us bested in every possible metrik.

Last edited:
Top Bottom