• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
2016 Double Bastard In The Rye
That was an intense trip. I just finished it... had a glass earlier and put it away for a few before continuing. Finished it after dinner.
If anything, the Stone Bitterness is somewhat overpowering, though at 13.5% ABV, somewhat necessary to cut through the cloying nature of such Beer. The Rye character is undeniable and appreciated.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That was an intense trip. I just finished it... had a glass earlier and put it away for a few before continuing. Finished it after dinner.
If anything, the Stone Bitterness is somewhat overpowering, though at 13.5% ABV, somewhat necessary to cut through the cloying nature of such Beer. The Rye character is undeniable and appreciated.
I've yet to find a really tasty/worthy high ABV brew of that % range. I haven't tried the Stone Bitterness, tho :)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That was just my reference to their profound use of hops and love of high IBU beer. :)
Then I won't look for it particularly :) I haven't seen Stone in a long time, just not in the shops I go to...

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Then I won't look for it particularly :) I haven't seen Stone in a long time, just not in the shops I go to...
Agree… even here they seem to be a little out of favor with just single cans of Arrogant Bastard at a few locations.
I do miss their Enjoy By series. (Though some of those the last few times they were available around here weren’t as good as they were starting out.)

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Agree… even here they seem to be a little out of favor with just single cans of Arrogant Bastard at a few locations.
I do miss their Enjoy By series. (Though some of those the last few times they were available around here weren’t as good as they were starting out.)
I was a fan when in the bay area, it was easily found, and even more so if I visited my family in socal. I thought with the investment/buyout we'd see better distribution by now....but haven't looked into what's happened since.

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20230601_211601.jpg

Manuka honey funk

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Ninkasi
Dawn Of The Red
Red IPA

Solid take on a Red IPA. Good Malt character from Crystal Malts (presumably) for the color and hints of flavor. Balanced bitterness for the style.

Need to get back off the beer. It is anti wellness for me. :confused:
For that matter, probably need to cut all alcohol out again... We'll see.

Top Bottom