• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
2nd beer of the night.

This brewery is about 16 miles from my house, a twisty drive through the Santa Cruz mountains to the Pacific Ocean.

HMBBC_beers_Amber.png

label_thumb_16159001000407_front.jpg

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
German beer is... A little behind imo. In fact Germany is my least favourite place iv been to for beer.

I agree the Germans need to catch up, but I'd rate rate most of the Mediterranean countries (Spain, Italy, Greece, Turkey) and most of Asia outside of Japan (Korea, China, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam) as being pretty boring from a beer POV.

watchnerd

Grand Contributor

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Nothing special about CAMRA imo, bunch of old guys who don't like their beer to be ' too tasty' .

Ha that's a good way to put it.

I went to some super wonky CAMRA pub in London, up north near one of the universities. No pumps, all the kegs were above the bar and gravity fed.

Aside from the dirty looks I got from the locals (for not being one of the regulars), I agree with the 'not too tasty' part. They were all pleasant beers, but perhaps a bit bland. Or 'subtle' if you're charitable.

Oh, and half the patrons looked like Gandalf.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Anchor is an iconic SF beer, one of the grand daddys of the craft beer movement, but the Steam, Porter, and Liberty Ale are better than the brown.
I drank a fair bit of the anchor porter over this winter, it's decent but we have very good domestic porters ( the Bristol milk stout is a triumph) too so I tend to stick to them.

The anchor -steam- I think is available from the local supermarket.

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Ha that's a good way to put it.

I went to some super wonky CAMRA pub in London, up north near one of the universities. No pumps, all the kegs were above the bar and gravity fed.

Aside from the dirty looks I got from the locals (for not being one of the regulars), I agree with the 'not too tasty' part. They were all pleasant beers, but perhaps a bit bland. Or 'subtle' if you're charitable.

Oh, and half the patrons looked like Gandalf.
Maybe tasty beer conflicts with what ever is fermenting in their beards...

OP
Thomas savage

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I was drinking this last night https://www.sharpsbrewery.co.uk/our-beers/wolf-rock.html
image.png

I don't have a good bottle shop and my local pub does not serve anything Intresting beer wise, this came from the local shop.. It's bland, thinking about it, I really must stop buying 'OK' beer.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Maybe tasty beer conflicts with what ever is fermenting in their beards...
You guys go all wacky over mud thick beer that's bitter as hell. YUCK

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Totally subjective opinions without measurement or blind testing accepted for what's good at ASR? :eek: :p

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
That looks to be a brew for the Kings and Queens of California to me.
Luckily @Sal1950 the beer market is very diverse and they make beers targeted for your taste preferences, too. ;)

635993336266956397-ChickBeerBottle-and-sixpack-photo.jpeg

watchnerd

Grand Contributor
Top Bottom