• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

dmac6419

Major Contributor
Turkey Hill Lemonade Tea

Attachments

• Turkey Hill.jpg
    Turkey Hill.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 70

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Tuborg Classic is usually enough to satisfy my palate. I do enjoy a nice microbrew, but I don't swear by any of them.

frogmeat69

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Having a Franziskaner Weissbier, listening to Tool's latest CD, doing laundry. Exciting Saturday night, lol.
Just about any good Hefeweizen will do, but the Franziskaner makes me extra happy.

Tom C

Major Contributor
Sal..I gotta ask...
Is it just me, or does JD not taste like it used to? Seems to me when I was in my 20’s (in the1980’s) it tasted better. More of the charcoal character. I know they’ve reduced the alcohol content for black label. It isn’t 90 proof anymore. But even the Gentleman Jack and the Single Barrel don’t seem to me to be like the old Jack Daniels I remember. Or maybe it’s just my memory of it.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Sal..I gotta ask...
Is it just me, or does JD not taste like it used to?
To be honest, It would be impossible for me to say. I drink very little any more, probalby no more than a double shot with dinner 3 or 4 times a year. Doesn't go well with all the medications I take. :(

Warcsi

Sal..I gotta ask...
Is it just me, or does JD not taste like it used to? Seems to me when I was in my 20’s (in the1980’s) it tasted better. More of the charcoal character. I know they’ve reduced the alcohol content for black label. It isn’t 90 proof anymore. But even the Gentleman Jack and the Single Barrel don’t seem to me to be like the old Jack Daniels I remember. Or maybe it’s just my memory of it.

Maybe this is because not only our hearing but tasting is degrading with age too...

That's why you have to taste new beers (and whatever your poison is) every now and then... :)

Warcsi

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I am a bitter guy BTW...
So am I, a great cask conditioned beer in a pub that knows how to cellar their beer properly cannot be beaten for flavour, a truly extraordinary drink.

The wiki link you posted is a good basic explanation of this type of beer for anyone interested. Bottling, including bottle conditioned does not represent the flavour of the cask version, sadly.

Top Bottom