• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
Clausthaler Dry Hopped (the brown kind, as opposed to the green kind). Tastes fine and seems to be excellent for training recovery.

IMG_20190706_170629.jpg

Zerimas

I'm turning 30 at the beginning of September :facepalm:. I was going to order some beer from the local jackbooted, statist, government monopoly alcohol distribution depot (I guess it is called the LCBO here in Ontario). Do you guys have any thoughts on 3 Fonteinen Cuvee Armand & Gaston Geuze? I do like me some geuze, but it is 28 Canadian dollars per bottle (so what like 5 American dollars?). Opinions? I mean most of the stuff the LCBO stocks can't even be ordered online and their stock is generally limited and their selection poor—unless you want some incredibly mediocre beer brewed in Ontario, which they for the same inflated price as award-winning, world-renowned Belgian beer (when they deign to actually stock it, and let you buy it without actually going to one of two stores in all of Ontario where they've allocated it)—in that case the LCBO has got you fam.

What I wish I was drinking, preferably from the brewery tap. One of my all time favourite beers. Something of an acquired taste though as a workmate once described it as liking drinking smoked ham.

Zerimas

What I wish I was drinking, preferably from the brewery tap. One of my all time favourite beers. Something of an acquired taste though as a workmate once described it as liking drinking smoked ham.

My assessment was something along the lines of like drinking "bacon grease combined with a campfire". It tastes better than it sounds. Actually beer reviews are filled with some very unfavourable sounding description (i.e. "notes of straw and horse blanket"—I actually saw someone use this as a description of the taste), but apparently these are "good". I am not sure exactly sure how that works. I admit that I like some beers for which I cannot come up with pleasant-sounding descriptions of. I guess tastebuds are funny that way.

SIY

Major Contributor
Technical Expert
My wife hates beer. This beer she loved. The only one, ever.

Well here in NYC we have a lot of good beer but as I write this I'm drinking Industrial Arts Wrench and Sip O Sunshine from Lawsons. Both IPAS . I'm a hop head. One more no more.

Dialectic

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor

For you NYers, they sell that stuff at the beer store in Grand Central. It tastes like salami.

image.jpg
Well... I started off the evening with a Ska Brewing Mexican Logger then a Bitburger Pils now I’m waiting for my beer but chicken to finish on the smoker with a Fullers London Pride. Life is good!

scott wurcer

Technical Expert
If I want something special I go with Cantillon, they did a rhubarb lambic this year that I missed. It's the raw milk Epoisse of beer. If I want something refreshing I love Hacker-Pschorr's straight pilsner which I have had at the source.

Top Bottom