• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bedroom setup almost completed

3dbinCanada

My wife passed away from cancer Oct 15 this year after battling it for 3 months. While she was alive I promised not put up surround speakers at the head board. I'm trying to move forward with my life now so the first thing I did was to arrange the bedroom to my liking..

As you can see from the picture, my setup is located on the left hand side of the room towards the windows as shown below. I move the lazy boy in front of my night stand when listening to music and watching movies. I say almost complete because Im going to replace the RX-V1500 with an RX-V1075 (RX-A1030 equivalent and an Oppo BDP-83 minus power cord and remote which I bought for $15 a Thrift store and it works)

bedroom-9.JPGbedroom-10.JPGbedroom-11.JPGbedroom-12.JPG

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I'm trying to move forward with my life now so the first thing I did was to arrange the bedroom to my liking..

I am so sorry, but good for you in taking steps moving forward. Looks like a pretty good use of the space! Music helps me find peace like very little else, and hopefully it does for you too.

StefaanE

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
So sorry for your loss. Keep planning, keep moving forward, and keep the good memories alive through the music you both loved.

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Loved the comment about the surround speakers. I do hope that you find strength in these coming days and weeks.

paddycrow

Forum Donor
My bedroom is probably the one place I don't want any entertainment gear. I go in there to sleep.

Very sorry to hear about your wife. I've watched cancer kill a lot of my family members, it's a brutal disease.

OP

3dbinCanada

Here are the latest pics of my bedroom system. I've replaced the dipoles with direct radiators, PSB Alpha Minis, replaced the Panny BluRay with a Oppo BDP-83, and replaced the Yamaha RX-V1500 with a Yamaha RX-V1075.
bedroom-13.JPGbedroom-14.JPGbedroom-15.JPGbedroom-16.JPGbedroom-17.JPG

ernestcarl

Major Contributor
You could probably get a smaller single bed now and move your night stand to the other side instead. Seems like a hassle to have to move the chair back and forth in place. Although, it probably is just a small inconvenience in the grand scheme of things...

OP

3dbinCanada

finally took some time to replace the PSB Alphas used as surrounds to Alpha Minis

Here are the size differences... The Alphas to the left, the Minis to the right
IMG_6127.jpgIMG_6128.jpgIMG_6130.jpg

Before replacement;
bedroom-14.JPG

After replacement
IMG_6131.jpgIMG_6132.jpg

Top Bottom