• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beautiful DACs

sjeesjie

I know I know, all dacs sound the same :)
But if you’re looking for a nice looking dac that would complement an expensive hifi setup (both aestetically and sonically, i.e. measures well), what would you choose?
At the moment I find the Holo Spring 3 the most beautiful DAC on the block, but what if your budget was €1500?

solderdude

Grand Contributor
e30t-1.jpg

simplicity, elegant, small, available in 2 4 colors, functional, excellent measurements, affordable, utilitarian and cheap, PCM, DSD, USB, Optical, RCA SPDIF, remote control, volume control. You can buy 10 of these on the suggested budget.

Last edited:

Blaazen

I also vote for (my silver) E30. Actually, it is available in 4 colors on shenzhenaudio.

OP
S

sjeesjie

The Okto looks very nice indeed! But two gripes: it’s 446mm wide (most components are 430) and only XLR outputs.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
The Okto looks very nice indeed! But two gripes: it’s 446mm wide (most components are 430) and only XLR outputs.
It is usually no problem to convert XLR to RCA. The sweet thing would be to upgrade your amp to one with XLR. I know that wasn't part of your posted question however. If you take away the lip around the face the rest of the component looks to be 430 mm. I've had several components like that.

D

Deleted member 47224

Well, fortunately for me, I don't need to put much money on the table to find a beautiful DAC :

Musical_Fidelity_MX-DAC_test_ONmagFR-00001.jpg

Too bad it doesn't perform at least as good as his little brother the V90, but both look good to me, as do the M1 and the M6S. The Cambridge Audio DAC Magic 200 and the Mytek Liberty DAC 2 also have a similar design, but less refined.

Yes, I like all those little dots.

neg

Msb DAC are the most beautiful ones for my taste. But as far as I know all them have very large amount of intermodulation distortion. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there are no high-quality reliable measurements for them, such as thd on small signals, imd depending on the signal level, etc.

Holo audio is also interesting enough. Personally I don't really like warm colors though. It is known about their flagship DACs have good objective measurements in general. However, I didn't listen to them by myself.

Attachments

• MSB-Technology-Select-DAC-Lifestyle-1.jpg
    MSB-Technology-Select-DAC-Lifestyle-1.jpg
    503.1 KB · Views: 151
  • 20210127_204718.jpg
    20210127_204718.jpg
    886.6 KB · Views: 154

Tks

Major Contributor
@VintageFlanker and his post #14

Couldn't have nailed it better myself. (though idk why Matrix Audio went with that dumb tempered glass top on their Sabre, ruined it honestly).

mccririck

e30t-1.jpg

simplicity, elegant, small, available in 2 4 colors, functional, excellent measurements, affordable, utilitarian and cheap, PCM, DSD, USB, Optical, RCA SPDIF, remote control, volume control. You can buy 10 of these on the suggested budget.
Only problem us you haven't told us the name or given us a link.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Only problem us you haven't told us the name or given us a link.

Google E30 (mentioned in the picture) ;)
You can even (just barely) make out the brand name top left of the front panel to narrow the search.

Last edited:
Top Bottom