• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BD DT 990 pro 250/80 ohm and DAC & amp combo

BD DT 990 pro

Hi, i'm from Slovenia and i'm looking to buy BD DT pros. I would like to buy a 80 ohm version but i can't find them in Europe. If you cannot help me, please then tell me which DAC & amp combo should i buy for the 250 ohm ones ( the DAC & amp need to be under 150 euros). Thank you for your answer.

Berwhale

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Fiio K5 Pro and Topping DX3 Pro would be the best DAC/Amps close to your price range, however, they are both a little bit over.

Patrick1958

Forum Donor
The 80 ohm version has been discontinued couple of years ago, so unless you settle for another model or the 35 ohm version (still available in europe) you could turn to the second hand market.

digitalfrost

Major Contributor
I have the DT990 Pro 250ohm version. The Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is barely loud enough. I ended up buying a Geshelli Archel 2 Pro, and I run that behind a Topping D10 I still had laying around. Definitely loud enough for me. I'd probably pair that with a better DAC when I was buying new.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Go for the 250 Ohm version and look for a DAC amp that can reach about 100mW in 300 Ohm with the functionality you want.
@Berwhale 's recommendations are top notch in that price class and will drive it effortlessly.

Top Bottom