• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Warming up my bass monster headphone amp right now. Gonna have some fun listening to the tracks posted here :D:D
20210101_211949.jpg

Last edited:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
This is a track that I've used for years - it has probably the best bass extension I've heard in a pipe organ recording.

Pipe Organ Bass Demo

Let me join you with this;

The lowest pipe is 30 Hz, I believe. Hope you would purchase the CD for actual amazing recording quality...

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Let me join you with this;

The lowest pipe is 30 Hz, I believe. Hope you would purchase the CD for actual amazing recording quality...
I have this recording. BTW, the lowest notes of the organ on the link I posted is 16Hz, and some of the beat frequencies are lower than that. ;)

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One full orchestra nice example of my favorite for enjoyment and audio system check;

Also hope you would get the original CD.

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
One full orchestra nice example of my favorite for enjoyment and audio system check;

Also hope you would get the original CD.
I try to stay away from Decca recordings if I can do so. I find their sonics flat and sometimes outright bad, especially in the I & II strings. Actually, its been a long, long time since I've bought a CD at all, preferring to get a higher resolution download.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have this recording. BTW, the lowest notes of the organ on the link I posted is 16Hz, and some of the beat frequencies are lower than that. ;)

After having this DORIAN's CD, I could have a chance to attend Jean Guillou's organ concert at the Saint Ustache in Paris. That was really one of the most fantastic music experiences in my life... I hope I could go back to there someday.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I try to stay away from Decca recordings if I can do so. I find their sonics flat and sometimes outright bad, especially in the I & II strings. Actually, its been a long, long time since I've bought a CD at all, preferring to get a higher resolution download.

Yes, I fully understand your points. Nowadays, I also seldom purchase CDs but I prefer to get high reso download same as you.

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Vini darko

Major Contributor
Blew up my first pair of decent speakers with this track back in 94 I think. It's got that kind of bass that sounds fine at silly volumes then theres smoke and bad death noise.

Top Bottom