• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

whazzup

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Should be in the same directory?

Perhaps check sweetchaos guide post for easier:

Thank you! And Sweetchaos for making sense of the.... chaos?

Propheticus

Hello friends,

Just for your reference, I just started here and thereafter my "pot series" entitled "Excellent Recording Quality Music Albums/Tracks for Subjective (and Possibly Objective) Test/Check/Tuning of Multichannel Multi-Driver Multi-Way Multi-Amplifier Time-Aligned Active Stereo Audio System and Room Acoustics; at least a Portion and/or One Track being Analyzed by Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition in Common Parameters" on my multichannel multi-amplifier project thread; sorry for the rather long title...

Please note that I will slowly and steadily proceed and organize the "post series" (maybe a few posts in a month or so). I would highly appreciate your kind attention and possible participation there.
There's already several other threads about (reference) high quality recordings, aimed at different focus areas (voices, bass, stereo image, small detail, acoustic space/surround effect, etc.). I think adding to those threads makes more sense than pilling this (off-topic) into a multi-channel crossover thread.
Or to put it differently how are test tracks for your use case different from reference test tracks for 'normal' Hi-Fi stereo systems?

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Hans Zimmer - Time

gjTxXtX.png
Also Hanx Zimmer...Magnificent:

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can someone show the spectrum of this amazing pipe organ performance?

As for my past post above, I carefully extracted the sound layer of the amazing organ performance into 96 kHz 24 bit aiff, then analyzed by Adobe Audion 3.0.1.
WS00004410.JPG

I could clearly confirm that the "meaningful" low sound goes down to 16 Hz - 18 22 Hz zone, even though I do not know whether the 16 Hz - 18 22 Hz sounds are direct huge-pipe sound or some Helmholtz hall-air resonance caused by stimulation of the high gain pipe sound of 32 Hz or higher. By looking at his pedaling actions, the latter would be highly possible.

I can clearly hear such low sounds using my latest mutlichannel multi-amplifier full-active audio setup with 0.1 msec precision time alignment throughout the SP drivers.

As a whole, the amazing sound of this YouTube clip is nice challenge and reference to my/our audio system and room acoustics.

Today, I could not find the details of the organ, "Hauptwerk-Organ of Joerg Glebe, Bochum". I would highly appreciate if someone here on this thread would find and share the details of this organ, especially the info on the size and resonance Fq of the low to lowest huge pipes.

Last edited:
OP
pavuol

pavuol

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
from Amirs' test suite - very catchy track with constant bass hum and mini bass melodic line as well

Daft Punk - Solar Sailer (From "TRON: Legacy"/Score)

15 - Solar Sailer.png

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Only for your reference, I just posted here entitled;
Excellent Recording Quality Music Albums/Tracks for Subjective (and Possibly Objective) Test/Check/Tuning of Multichannel Multi-Driver Multi-Amplifier Time-Aligned Active Stereo Audio System and Room Acoustics; at least a Portion and/or One Track being Analyzed by Color Spectrum of Adobe Audition in Common Parameters: [Part-09] Organ Music: (#641 in my project thread)

Last edited:

kiwifi

If you are looking for a track to test the musicality of your subwoofer...

Black Sabbath - Hand Of Doom
Album - Paranoid

dtomsen

Not the deepest bass but great track for picking poor or tiny speakers apart :D

Two Steps From Hell - Invincible

Shorty

As for my past post above, I carefully extracted the sound layer of the amazing organ performance into 96 kHz 24 bit aiff, then analyzed by Adobe Audion 3.0.1.
View attachment 231966
I could clearly confirm that the "meaningful" low sound goes down to 16 Hz - 18 22 Hz zone, even though I do not know whether the 16 Hz - 18 22 Hz sounds are direct huge-pipe sound or some Helmholtz hall-air resonance caused by stimulation of the high gain pipe sound of 32 Hz or higher. By looking at his pedaling actions, the latter would be highly possible.

I can clearly hear such low sounds using my latest mutlichannel multi-amplifier full-active audio setup with 0.1 msec precision time alignment throughout the SP drivers.

As a whole, the amazing sound of this YouTube clip is nice challenge and reference to my/our audio system and room acoustics.

Today, I could not find the details of the organ, "Hauptwerk-Organ of Joerg Glebe, Bochum". I would highly appreciate if someone here on this thread would find and share the details of this organ, especially the info on the size and resonance Fq of the low to lowest huge pipes.
Maybe these can help:
, and

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Maybe these can help:

Thank you indeed, @Shorty.

Yes, I too found these introduction video clips through the web site of the venue, but German is not my mother language and so far I have lack of time to listen to them very carefully. I would highly appreciate, if you understand Germany well, and you could find any info on largest pipe(s) and its/their resonance frequencies.

Looking the pedaling action (in the nice video clip) of the organist Sebastian Kuechler-Blessing, I assume he did not kick the lowest/largest pipe, but he often kicked the second largest pipe. I also know that usually the lowest pipe of these huge organs would be 30 Hz - 32 Hz.

Just for your reference, in my post here on my project thread, I recently touched again on this organ and the wonderful video performed by Sebastian Kuechler-Blessing. (I sent my sincere inquiry to him by email about two weeks ago, but so far no response from him.)

kemmler3D

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I like this one as a bass check because it starts with a nice slow sweep down to about 16hz and back up again, then proceeds to deliver a right-down-the-middle DnB tune. Spotify link because the official YT version starts right after the sweep for some reason.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
As for Fq sweep signals and other "well QC-ed, high precision" audio check tones, I believe the contents of CBS-Sony's "Super Audio Check CD" would be of your interests. Please refer to my post here and here (all the spectrum shared, the PDF booklet attached) on my project thread for the details.

If you would be seriously interested in "Super Audio Check CD by CBS/Sony", please simply PM me writing your wish.

Shorty

Thank you indeed, @Shorty.

Yes, I too found these introduction video clips through the web site of the venue, but German is not my mother language and so far I have lack of time to listen to them very carefully. I would highly appreciate, if you understand Germany well, and you could find any info on largest pipe(s) and its/their resonance frequencies.

Looking the pedaling action (in the nice video clip) of the organist Sebastian Kuechler-Blessing, I assume he did not kick the lowest/largest pipe, but he often kicked the second largest pipe. I also know that usually the lowest pipe of these huge organs would be 30 Hz - 32 Hz.

Just for your reference, in my post here on my project thread, I recently touched again on this organ and the wonderful video performed by Sebastian Kuechler-Blessing. (I sent my sincere inquiry to him by email about two weeks ago, but so far no response from him.)
OK, I looked around and found this: ‘Hauptwerk’ is not an organ. It’s software, a virtual pipe organ with the sounds of ‘over 150 historic classical and theatre organs […] from the finest cathedrals, churches, and theatres‘ in the world. You play it through a MIDI keyboard. You also can create your own organ.
This is their website: https://www.hauptwerk.com/, with a list of all for download available organs.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OK, I looked around and found this: ‘Hauptwerk’ is not an organ. It’s software, a virtual pipe organ with the sounds of ‘over 150 historic classical and theatre organs […] from the finest cathedrals, churches, and theatres‘ in the world. You play it through a MIDI keyboard. You also can create your own organ.
This is their website: https://www.hauptwerk.com/, with a list of all for download available organs.

Oh, thank you so much for the clarification. Now I fully understand the "virtual quality" and "virtual huge pipes" of the video clip, and reasons for that I could not find any info on "real" organ for the YouTube clip. A little bit of disappointment I feel...

Nevertheless, I still assume that the video clip and the performance would be a nice challenge and reference to/for our audio setup.

I will soon edit my post here so that it properly reflect your input and info given above.

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Alexium

Here's the track with the most stunning deep bass I've ever heard. And although I listen to electronic music a lot, this one is entirely instrumental and live!

I hope I will find more gems like this in this thread, thank you to everyone who posted your suggestions!

pau

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's the track with the most stunning deep bass I've ever heard. And although I listen to electronic music a lot, this one is entirely instrumental and live!

I hope I will find more gems like this in this thread, thank you to everyone who posted your suggestions!
The drums are pretty deep. It sounds good with my IEMs. Will need to listen on my main system.

Top Bottom