• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
This is the late George Duke, the title cut from his album "Feel". Perhaps the depth of the extension is not so cavernous as some earlier posts, but it's very enveloping.
Not much energy below 50 Hz:
George Duke - Feel-R.mkv.jpg

dualazmak

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Even though today I shared this CD at post #24 in my new thread entitled "Lute Music: Stunning Recordings We Love", you would please allow me sharing it also here in this nice thread entitled "BASS!".

As you may know, theorbo is a lute-family instrument, mainly responsible for Basso Continuo in early classical music.

This wonderful recording of "theorbo music" of Robert de Visée performed by Pascal Monteilhet does not contain so much "extreme low Fq" sound, but has very well balanced low-mid Fq therobo sound. I found and confirmed that this CD is very nice to check our (my) audio system for the cleanliness, Fq balance, phase, speed, transient and crossover smoothness in low-mid sound, especially in multichannel multi-amplifier audio system such as my project and my recently completed system.

Pascal Monteilhet (theorbo): Robert de Visée "Suites de danses"; wonderful performance and excellent recording quality...
592095 FNAC Music
WS001450.JPG

And, fortunately we have rather Hi-Fi sampler tracks (track 1 - 7) in YouTube;

Last edited:

Hayabusa

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Clean 18Hz bass!

ebslo

Forum Donor
The Raconteurs - Blue Veins
No synth here, I think they just have a low octave effect on the bass. I've extended the spectrogram to 120Hz so it shows what's going on better. You can hear the whole baseline fine on bookshelfs, but on a big setup it takes on a whole different character.
spectrogram.png

Hayabusa

Strange experience, seeing pretty extreme subwoofer excursion without hearing much. Looks like it's almost isolated fundamentals without much of the harmonics.

And yes, I moved around to check it was not due to me sitting in a null area.

Playing it on dual pb13 Ultras pressurises my room, clearly I feel pressure on my ears :)

Hayabusa

Beautifull bass gitar!

Top Bottom