• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Basic preamp

ImThatguy

Looking for a basic preamp (non tube )with only analog inputs and remote control - only need unbalced outputs. Here is the hard part - Made in usa and less than 1300 bucks - anyone know of such a thing?
Thanks for any help

Daverz

Major Contributor
Schiit is on the schiitlist here, but you still may want to consider the Schiit Saga S.

ahofer

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

suttondesign

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
not sure if it’s built in u.s., but parasound zpre. i have run these for many years without problems.

Eurasian

Forum Donor

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not US made, but Pro-Ject has an inexpensive and tiny solid state remote preamp, the Pre Box.

OP
ImThatguy

ImThatguy

pjug

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for reminding me about benchmark - i just took a leap and ordered a factory refurbished unit directly from them for 1150$. Have my fingers crossed it works out. Thanks
Wow, that seems like a great deal. I will have to keep my eye on the specials there; I might want one of those too.

Eurasian

Forum Donor
Thanks for reminding me about benchmark - i just took a leap and ordered a factory refurbished unit directly from them for 1150$. Have my fingers crossed it works out. Thanks
That's a good price for a DAC2 HGC. I think you will like it but it has no balance control, if that is important to you.

I thought you were in the market for a pre-amp, though, not a DAC. Or did you score a LA4?

Last edited:
OP
ImThatguy

ImThatguy

That's a good price for a DAC2 HGC. I think you will like it but it has no balance control, if that is important to you.

I thought you were in the market for a pre-amp, though, not a DAC. Or did you score a LA4?
This has everything i need - i have a turn table and a usb output from a pc i built. Just need a remote control so my lazy ass doesnt have to get up to adjust the volume - i can control my pc from a tablet. So really the dac is a bonus - i was going to add one from jds labs which are also assembled here in the states.

Eurasian

Forum Donor
Great! I'm happy you found a solution -- and you won't regret buying from Benchmark. In my experience they have outstanding products and the best support in the business.

Top Bottom