• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Basic Measurements of Spectral DMA 260

kongwee

Major Contributor
Well they weren't quite that adamant about it back some years. Seems a waste to have 2 mhz bandwidth and then use a low bandwidth cable all the way. I understand some of why they say they prefer this (beyond just warranty safety), but it is a dumb idea in my opinion.
I remembered my ex boss saying Siltech had proved using their cable will not let the amp goes oscillated. I got to the chance to setup 2C3D. It was really the best setup, IMO. Avalon Acoustic, Spectral Audio, MIT and ASC. Too bad, everything about the setup is too restrictive. No good for any retailer actually. May actually goes into history

Last edited:

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One of the three best systems I have ever heard had a pair of Avalon Eidolons powered by all Spectral electronics at Underground Sound in Memphis. Unbelievable imaging.

BentonF

Easier to get hold of weapons grade uranium than Spectral here in Europe. The ridiculous profit margins by European dealers prevents penetration of this sublime manufacturer here sadly.

kongwee

Major Contributor
Easier to get hold of weapons grade uranium than Spectral here in Europe. The ridiculous profit margins by European dealers prevents penetration of this sublime manufacturer here sadly.
Keith Johnson is getting very old. People have to wait to get their amps, their dealers are shrinking. This company maybe gone in near future.

BentonF

Keith Johnson is getting very old. People have to wait to get their amps, their dealers are shrinking. This company maybe gone in near future.
That would be terrible loss. They are revered by both subjectivists and even by objectivists. The build quality is something you'd see from inside a must million dollar space probe.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
That would be terrible loss. They are revered by both subjectivists and even by objectivists. The build quality is something you'd see from inside a must million dollar space probe.
I had Spectral DAC pre and power amps when they were imported into France with excellent support and prices by HiFi Station 2001 in Mantes-la-Jolie in France. They retired well over 10 years ago. I haven't seen them for sale since.
I wish I had kept them.

Top Bottom