• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Balanced Headphone Amplifier for RME ADI-2 DAC Recommendations

vlad335

Forum Donor
RME has normal RCA outs ... why not use that to feed the sub ?

Using the XLR sounds a little better. Maybe because it puts out more volts. Also eliminates these weird computery noises I get when I move my mouse, switch screens, etc. Obviously my PC's USB's have ground issues and hooking it up this way alleviates this.

In any case - the SP200 amp has quite a few issues with the volume knob - better not risk it.

Never heard of that. Interesting.

Topping A90, SMSL SH-9, Gustard H16 have a well proven several months record with the least amount of issues :)
My pick is the Topping A30 Pro - RCA and TRS (balanced) passthrough. If you want a pre - go with the aforementioned.

The A30 looks great but seems it's not released yet. With Toppings track record I'm sure it is awesome.

Come to think of it the reason I went with the RME was an all in one unit with EQ. However, I figured out how to get Equalizer APO to work with the ASIO driver so I am not even using the built in EQ now. There are APO EQ profiles for almost every headphone that are easily loaded up and some of them are amazing. I can go with about any DAC seeing as I don't need this feature. A30 and D30 stack? hmmm.

You will switch between the monitors and the headphone amp by... shutting down one :)

Actually not all that easy. I can shut down the monitors with no problem but the sub I need to get to the back of it and it's under the desk.

Anyway... Excellent post Noodles and great food for thought!

onchuner

Using the XLR sounds a little better. Maybe because it puts out more volts. Also eliminates these weird computery noises I get when I move my mouse, switch screens, etc. Obviously my PC's USB's have ground issues and hooking it up this way alleviates this.

Never heard of that. Interesting.

The A30 looks great but seems it's not released yet. With Toppings track record I'm sure it is awesome.

Come to think of it the reason I went with the RME was an all in one unit with EQ. However, I figured out how to get Equalizer APO to work with the ASIO driver so I am not even using the built in EQ now. There are APO EQ profiles for almost every headphone that are easily loaded up and some of them are amazing. I can go with about any DAC seeing as I don't need this feature. A30 and D30 stack? hmmm.

Actually not all that easy. I can shut down the monitors with no problem but the sub I need to get to the back of it and it's under the desk.

Anyway... Excellent post Noodles and great food for thought!
How did you manage to use Equalizer APO with ASIO?

vlad335

Forum Donor
How did you manage to use Equalizer APO with ASIO?
Got the info from here. Downloaded Voice Meeter installed it and played around until it started working.
Exactly what I did?.. IDK.

Top Bottom