• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Baffled (no pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jmart

I am baffled at my banning on a thread... perhaps it had to do with the fact that I disagreed with data interpretation. I never insulted anyone or broke any rules of conduct. I just disagreed with people, including the leader of this forum. It's possible I missed the rule that I am not allowed to disagree and state that.

Perhaps this will get deleted as well, we will see how sensitive the group is.

Happy to continue to discuss the idea of data interpretation with anyone willing to have a discussion. That is, again, if im not banned from the whole site for disagreeing and being called a troll lol.

If anyone is interested in said thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...chord-m-scaler-review-upsampler.35498/page-88

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I am baffled at my banning on a thread... perhaps it had to do with the fact that I disagreed with data interpretation. I never insulted anyone or broke any rules of conduct. I just disagreed with people, including the leader of this forum. It's possible I missed the rule that I am not allowed to disagree and state that.

Perhaps this will get deleted as well, we will see how sensitive the group is.

Happy to continue to discuss the idea of data interpretation with anyone willing to have a discussion. That is, again, if im not banned from the whole site for disagreeing and being called a troll lol.

If anyone is interested in said thread: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...chord-m-scaler-review-upsampler.35498/page-88

Your personal opinion, or your invocation of someone else's option (youtube reviewers) isn't a way to disagree with objective results. Provide some objective evidence to support your opinion if you want to contribute to the discussion. Everyone here, and everyone on the internet has their opinions, these are worth a dime a dozen. There's no point in arguing or debating them, unless you can substantiate them with something a little more objective than "someone, somewhere said so". Plenty of other forums where you can claim your opinion as fact. Here, not so much.

OP
J

Jmart

Your personal opinion, or your invocation of someone else's option (youtube reviewers) isn't a way to disagree with objective results. Provide some objective evidence to support your opinion if you want to contribute to the discussion. Everyone here, and everyone on the internet has their opinions, these are worth a dime a dozen. There's no point in arguing or debating them, unless you can substantiate them with something a little more objective than "someone, somewhere said so". Plenty of other forums where you can claim your opinion as fact. Here, not so much.
Ok so if I am to understand correctly, my subjective opinion and the subject data out there is not welcome on this forum for discussion?

Geert

Major Contributor
my subject opinion and the subject data out there is not welcome on this forum for discussion?
It's not interesting to people who prefer a scientific or objective approach, which are fundamental values of this forum. You shared your opinion on the matter, which is fine, but there's no point in persisting.

OP
J

Jmart

Geert

Major Contributor
Will he be banned for saying that objective data doesn't tell the whole picture?
I'm afraid you have the wrong interpretation of what said.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Objective data means nothing without interpretation. I agree with this gentlemans response: https://audiosciencereview.com/foru...-m-scaler-review-upsampler.35498/post-1471239

Will he be banned for saying that objective data doesn't tell the whole picture?

Seems to me like everyone is just hurt when someone doesn't agree with their interpretation of data.

Data is interpreted on the basis of objective evidence, scientific studies, and controlled experiments. If you're not familiar with how and why it's interpreted in this way, ask questions, don't start arguing about the subject you don't understand.

OP
J

Jmart

It's not interesting to people who prefer a scientific or objective approach, which are fundamental values of this forum. You shared your opinion on the matter, which is fine, but there's no point in persisting.
I was merely responding to further questioning of where my opinion came from.
I'm afraid you have the wrong interpretation of what said.
Yes he was listing points that are commonly used on the forum to argue against objective data.

But data is data, even if it's subjective. The realm of psychology is built on arguably subjective data. Some will say its a soft science, other will say that its a real entity and science just isn't sophisticated enough to control for all variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom