• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

B&W PX8 headphones

Dimitrov

Has anyone bought these or had a chance to listen to them? What were your impressions?

I also don't know if there are any technical measurements available on these cans yet. Would be interested to hear listener feedback from users.

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
graph.png

Measurements don't look great, but idk the difference between the PX and the PX8

metasharp

September 24, 2020 graph, no way it's the PX8 or even PX7 or P7. It's probably, as written, the regular old PX model from 2018.

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
Here are GRAS 43AG measurements of the PX8:

Typical Sony-ish consumer tuning :(

MayaTlab

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Here are GRAS 43AG measurements of the PX8:

I can confirm that their sound changes a lot depending on position / compression in the 1-5kHz range, like quite a few ANC headphones. Also the earcups can't angle upwards enough for my head, meaning that most of the clamping force is applied at the top of the earcups and that it's quite susceptible to leakage in the bottom rear quadrant, reducing the effectiveness of the ANC and perhaps even defeating the feedback mechanism.

You now have the option in the app to EQ them a little bit (two bands), if the frequency / slope for the bass band matches the measurements, perhaps you can make the bass response align better with the Harman target ?

Last edited:

mrdrewk

I just got a pair of these. They are wireless Bluetooth and have no AUX in. No matter what you do, you have to use the onboard DAC. So, how does that DAC measure vs other DACs?

Oddly it has a 3.5mm > USB C cable that has a ADC in it. This will surely confuse the poop out of most buyers.

I still may sell these and go with the Focal Bathys, at least there I have the option of using onboard DAC or not.

Peterinvan

I downloaded v3.0.0 and set the EQ at -2db on the bass and +1db on the treble. This brought the mids a bit more forward and tightened up the bass.
Listening to the Android Tidal app, with ANC via aptXHD out of my FiiO M11Pro.
Now my old guy's ears are happy :)

I have ordered a low latency BT transmitter to see if there is any lag when watching TV.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
I downloaded v3.0.0 and set the EQ at -2db on the bass and +1db on the treble. This brought the mids a bit more forward and tightened up the bass.

I have ordered a low latency BT transmitter to see if there is any lag when watching TV.
I use the same settings but run it without NC and wired directly to my source by USB-C. Quite satisfying.

mikemachin

Noticed that Tidal tends to emphasize the bass a little bit, you might want to try Qobuz. Not as user friendly but better equilibrium between all frequencies to my ears, with PX8 and others.

Top Bottom