• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

B&W continuum driver's

blackmetalboon

I listened to the 805 D3 a couple of times at the Indulgence Show in October, can't remember what the rest of the system was, but they sounded pretty good.

I'm sure I've come across something about the new drivers (it may well have just been B&W's own marketing brochure), if I come across it again I'll post a link.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor

fas42

Major Contributor
It won't be the cones that matter, it's the suspensions, the bits you can't see that most likely really count. As mentioned before, the cheaper and "rougher" the build the more the suspensions need to be conditioned thoroughly, every time you're aiming for a serious listening session. At times I've heard speakers with premium drivers, well done in this area, and you can hear what you're getting - even with the electronics cold and pretty rough, the speakers are pumping out lots of "detail" - extremely simple, "audiophile" recordings come across well, but anything with some complexity in it is a mess, because the electronics haven't got their act together yet ...

Top Bottom