• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

B&W 606 S2 vs ELAC Debut DBR62

Beave

Major Contributor
I can see where you are trying to go with this but if you can't appreciate that using different materials and designs can produce different sound signatures ,eg valve/solid state copper/silver cables then you are really more interested in measurements and semantic gotchas than music.

Copper cables sound different from silver cables?

usersky

Forum Donor
ASR is really the wrong forum to ask as all you will get here are measurement geeks wet dreams and those diametrically opposed to what they can't appreciate or afford.
Makes me wonder why arr you on ASR. To bring comfort to those lost on the www?

Bernard23

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I can see where you are trying to go with this but if you can't appreciate that using different materials and designs can produce different sound signatures ,eg valve/solid state copper/silver cables then you are really more interested in measurements and semantic gotchas than music.
Surely that's the whole point of ASR that differentiates it from just about every other internet forum; objective proof rather than subjective opinion, which is largely meaningless as a means of data comparison.

Bernard23

I've just placed an order for the Elacs, Amir's review of both sealed it for me. My room is on the bright side, and it's large so I drive speakers hard. Returning my Diamond 9.1s that were not up to the task, crossed the 606 off my list as soon as heard they have that showroom sizzle top end.

nickt1

Surely that's the whole point of ASR that differentiates it from just about every other internet forum; objective proof rather than subjective opinion, which is largely meaningless as a means of data comparison.
The notion that something can be observed, cannot be explained, so therefore it doesn't exist is rediculous.

Bernard23

The notion that something can be observed, cannot be explained, so therefore it doesn't exist is rediculous.
Absolutely. The issue is ears are unreliable as measurement instruments. If we use other more proven reliable methods to measure a phenomena, and none reveal it, then perhaps it doesn't actually exist.

Top Bottom