• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Axpona virtual show: june 18-19, 2020

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Another audio show going virtual/online. I like it other than having to create a twitter account. :(

https://mailchi.mp/jdevents/worldwideaudiofest

An Instagram Live Audio Festival for
music lovers, enthusiasts and the audio industry.
Connect from your home to the world’s best audio brands,
all online for two days.

In two jam-packed days, over 50 of the world’s top audio brands will introduce new products, make announcements and interact. You will discover new ideas and technologies and see what your favorite audio brands are up to.

Participants Include:
Accustic Arts
Alta Audio
Andover Audio
Aratai
Arion Audio
AudioQuest
Audio-Technica
Black Ice Audio
BlueSound
Cambridge Audio
Clarus Audio
Classé Audio
Dan D'Agostino Master Audio Systems
Danville Signal
Delmark Records
Denon
Direct Audio
Eikon Audio
Fidelice Audio
Focal
Glenn Poor's Audio Video
Göbel High End
Goya Acoustics
Grphyon Audio Designs

HIFIMAN Electronics
High Water Sound
Janszen Loudspeaker
Jerry Harvey Audio
Klipsch
Krell Industries
Legacy Audio
Meze
NAD
Nordost
Pangea Audio Distributing
Paragon Sight & Sound
Pro-Ject
Puritan Audio
Qobuz
Stein Music
The Sound Organisation
VANA
Verdant Audio
VK Music
Wally Tools
Zavalinka Records
Zesto Audio

JohnBooty

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I wish them success but I cannot understand the appeal.

I've only been to one audio show but for me, it was about meeting up with friends, getting to hang out or chat with a notable industry figure or two, and actually being able to hear the equipment.

None of that would apply to an online show.

I guess Q&A sessions w/ industry figures and experts would still be viable. But you don't need an "online audio show" for that. Honestly I think an "Ask Reddit" style format works better.

I wish them success, though, and if anybody actually attends one of these things I hope you find them enjoyable and worthwhile!

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Shows are rallying points for companies to finish their projects to show them. So having them works as a forcing function there.

I don't know what to expect either. We will have to see what they do and what value it brings.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
So I watched a few of the talks after signing up with Pinterest. What a terrible setup. There is no one place where all the talks are organized. Each link sends you to the manufacturer Pinterest page and you have to hunt around to find the video feed which may or may not be from this show.

Stupid thing is setup for vertical phone video which is horrible for showing audio gear. Production quality of course is all over the place. One of the worst was the show organizer "Mark" who was walking around or something in his house and not even prepared to give a talk.

The talks are only available at the time scheduled and later. The number of viewers for each was very small (highest was 270 or so). I only saw a couple of questions or comments for some yet the presenter was reading from some other list.

All the ones I saw were simple, 5 minute product pitches. Nothing exciting but a bit informative.

On scale 1 to 10, I give it a 2. They should have used Youtube and made sure there was more to these talks than presenters going over existing product names and features you could read on their website.

ta240

Major Contributor
I know that companies were still feeling the need to do something like this but I agree Youtube would have been a better format and they could have done an "ask Paul" style question and answer where people sent in their questions in advance and the best ones got answered on the video and the rest would get answered by email.

I haven't been to an audio show but the entire reason would be the listening and in-person interaction.

I guess many of these companies are the same ones that look like deer in the headlights when a youtuber shows up during one of the regular shows with a camera. If any decent sized companies haven't hired someone to handle their online media/marketing by this point they are so far behind the curve. Even the tiny companies should have an idea of what people are looking for in videos like this and be able to produce something basic yet good.

Was this rushed together so it would happen before Joe n Tells' HiFi Summit?

That being said I didn't sign up for any social media so I haven't seen any of the videos.

Last edited:
Top Bottom