• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA: Legacy Audio

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A3193.jpg
093A3197.jpg
093A3196.jpg
093A3195.jpg
093A3194.jpg
093A3190.jpg
093A3191.jpg
093A3192.jpg

Last edited:

Mivera

Major Contributor
OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
More Than You Know by Lyn Stanley. http://shz.am/t305110227
Can't find the video of this but as it turns out, Lyn Stanley was there and stood next to me and started to sing along with her own track!

index.php

Anyone who thinks a recording reproduces a live experience should have been there. The recording of her voice was VERY different than her in the flesh. It was warmer and at any rate, did not have any feel or style of her live.

JoeWhip

Lyn Stanley is at all the audiophile shows. I caught the singing along with a track at last year's Axpona. She seems like a very nice woman and seems to be doing well selling to the audiophile set. I would like to see her performing at clubs and honing her craft. But this business model seems to be working for her.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I remember drooling over legacy speakers back in the early 90's at 14 years old. It was their speakers that convinced me buying direct was the only way to go.

fas42

Major Contributor

NorthSky

Major Contributor
Canada West Coast/Vancouver Island/Victoria area
More Than You Know by Lyn Stanley. http://shz.am/t305110227
Can't find the video of this but as it turns out, Lyn Stanley was there and stood next to me and started to sing along with her own track!

index.php

Anyone who thinks a recording reproduces a live experience should have been there. The recording of her voice was VERY different than her in the flesh. It was warmer and at any rate, did not have any feel or style of her live.

She looks ... pro...fessionalism.

Last edited:

TitaniumTroy

I only stopped by once in this room, and their was no music playing or would be in the near future. So I left after about 10 minutes. I've never heard the Legacy speakers impress me at a show. Maybe it's the large rooms they use at AXPONA, Amir any insights on their design, as it is kind of different? What have you heard of their speakers AXPONA or otherwise?

TitaniumTroy

Is the purpose of the side by side mid/woofer to compensate for HTF? AJ any thoughts on the top of the line Whispers XD's or the V, lots of different going on with various technologies being used?

From their website, for the XD's: The sweet spot is much wider with the Whisper XDS design, allowing the listener to move outside the left speaker and still hear a balance with the right speaker, and vice versa. The manual recommends a strong toe-in, to cast the strongest acoustic shadow across the face. It explains that the imprint of the shadow of the nose into the opposite ear is the other portion of the stereo signal that is usually washed out by excessive room reflections with conventional speakers.

Mivera

Major Contributor
I have heard their speakers in similarly large rooms at other shows. I like the bass and power handling they have.

Can they match Cerwin Vega in this department?

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Something like this?

Top Bottom