• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Axpona audio show rescheduled for August

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
For the last couple of days I have been wondering how they were going ahead with Axpona in this atmosphere. Looks like they wisely decided to reschedule:

----

March 9, 2020
Dear AXPONA Community,
AXPONA has been rescheduled from April 17-19 to August 7-9, 2020 out of concern for the health and safety
of all participants due to the growing coronavirus situation. This decision was made following an outpouring of
feedback from the AXPONA community over the last 72 hours.

The three most consistent themes we heard were, 1) fears of attending public events will increase in March
and April, 2) AXPONA should still be held in 2020, and 3) reschedule later this year if possible. Although the
Renaissance Schaumburg Hotel is booked solid all year, they offered us a week in August that will
accommodate all of AXPONA's space needs. So we secured it.

We rescheduled out of an abundance of caution during this unpredictable time to provide the best opportunity
for a well attended event and to ensure the best AXPONA experience for all show goers in 2020. We will
contact all exhibitors and attendees directly later this week as we work through the details of the move.
Our sole priority today is to communicate this news immediately so everyone can adjust their plans
accordingly. We thank you for your understanding and we apologize for any inconvenience.
We look forward to seeing you all at AXPONA in August!

Sincerely,
Joel A.Davis
Founder & CEO, JD Events

North_Sky

Major Contributor
August of this year? Wish for the best ...
No Time to Die (November 25).

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
I'm somewhat surprised given the caution shown elsewhere. But then this industry depends on these shows and other events.

KLH007

I think AXPONA is the larger show in terms of number of attendees. AXPONA gained prestige in the last few years, but RMAF made a real statement moving to the beautiful and spacious Gaylord, both are worthy.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks like they canceled it for this year. I just got an email...

It is with heartfelt disappointment that we must announce today the official cancellation of AXPONA 2020 that was to be held August 7-9. We make this decision out of concern for the health and safety of all AXPONA participants. We thank everyone who had committed to making the 2020 event the largest and most attended AXPONA in history. These are enormously challenging times for everyone and it is our hope that we all stay strong, caring, healthy and united. Our industry will come through this together and we will be in a better and safer world on the other side of this crisis.

We know everyone is hurting right now. Some more than others. Many businesses in many industries are being hammered by the impact of this pandemic. JD Events, the producer of AXPONA, in particular is facing a financial calamity due to the disastrous impact on tradeshows. Many expenses have already been spent on the show that we will not recoup.

We are actively working on 2021 but wanted to get this message out to you as quickly as possible to advise that we will be offering refunds if requested. We are however hoping that you may consider rolling over your 2020 ticket to the 2021 event to help us. As a token of appreciation, you will receive a FREE companion ticket for next year’s event. If you are not in a position to do so, you will receive your refund, no questions asked.

Please respond by June 1st, 2020 to [email protected] and let us know one of the following options:

- Yes I want a full refund. Your refund will be submitted on the Friday of the week you submit it and refunds then take 7-10 business days to appear on your credit card statement once processed.

- I want to help ensure AXPONA’s long-term success please transfer my ticket to 2021 and in appreciation I will take a free companion ticket for 2021. Details how to register for the companion ticket will be sent in early 2021 once ticket sales are available.

On a positive note, we are excited by the response to the “AXPONA Livestream” event on what would’ve been our April 17 opening day. We plan to conduct more virtual events in the coming months to keep the community connected during this down time.

It remains our pleasure to serve this great industry. Thank you all for your understanding and your support.

Best,

Jenabeth Ferguson

Vice President, Event Director
JD Events
203-371-6322 ext. 213
[email protected]

*No transfers or refunds will be available after June 1, 2020

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
I'm hoping RMAF goes on- I was planning to go this year. I've had it with AXPONA, my experiences there were largely not positive.

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
The new (two consecutive years now) show, though not huge, has been enough for me, especially since it occurs only 25 miles distant, and has no entry fee.

I'll go again. Looks like it is scheduled again for 12-14 Feb 2021

"Enough" in this case means having the chance to see/hear some things that I otherwise wouldn't have, and to leave without feeling I'm missing anything too special when I get home, given the constraints of hearing acuity, room size, and budget.

I go with Audio Buddy, about all we pay attention to is speakers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom