• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2022 ASR Meetup

Eurasian

Forum Donor
Also, please go to the TigerFox Immerse 360 room and share your impressions. It seems to be a patented purely acoustical crosstalk cancellation system good for music, movies and gaming, supposedly giving total 360 degree audio immersion -- no electronic manipulation involved.

Thanks

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I totally missed this thread this morning.

Anyone else still going tomorrow?

carvin

Keep ‘em coming! I’m like 75% to go tomorrow (I assume there are still tickets), so knowing LX521s are around and seeing pics of companies such as Aretau that I’ve never heard of but look like they have something interesting are great to plan a short day.

Who’s playing interesting music rather than boring audiophile standards?
Yes, it never sells out.

EB1000

Those of you who are there, be sure to ask the companies to send products to us for measurement if you are interested in them!
I don't think snake oil manufacturers care much about measurements, nor do any of their consumers... ;) (sorry, but any audio gear that costs more than $20k is highly suspecious of being a snake oil/scam, especially a DAC based on a 20$ chipset...)

MattHooper

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd be curious about any reports on the Joseph Audio room, showing the Pearl speakers. They usually get very high marks for sound at shows.

Worth Davis

Forum Donor
Also, please go to the TigerFox Immerse 360 room and share your impressions. It seems to be a patented purely acoustical crosstalk cancellation system good for music, movies and gaming, supposedly giving total 360 degree audio immersion -- no electronic manipulation involved.

Thanks
Tried to, big line could only handle a few people at a time

OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Hi Jay,
I was planning on attending tomorrow also for my first Axpona show. Are there only a limited number of tickets? I just figured I’d pick them up at the door. Should I play it safe and grab them online instead?

“ (I assume there are still tickets),”
$25 online, $30 at the door.

bo_knows

Addicted to Fun and Learning
View attachment 201819Gryphon “Pure Class A” 225 WPC into 8 ohms. 450 lbs and $99,000. So a fair price per pound.
If I can deadlift the amp, can I take it home?

All joking aside, I may be able to lift 450 lbs if my life was depending on it (it may not be pretty but I'll get it off the ground). Now, if I go back on steroids, HGH, and TRT cycle, with a few months of training, 450 lbs for reps shouldn't be a problem but then the cost of performance-enhancing medication would eat up the down payment for the power cords. ;):)

Last edited:
OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
How many rooms have EQ functionality outside of Roon?

How many rooms are using it, Roon or otherwise?

Enjoying the photos, thanks.
Not one I visited admitted to room correction. Even the JS Audio Wilson room said the graphic EQ is inherent in balancing the cabinets and not intended for room correction. The owner did say he knew about specific room modes he would have liked to correct for.

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Nice pics! Did any of the companies selling $10k+ speakers have any graphs or plots to show objective performance of these monstrosities?

jhaider

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So the most important question: who’s playing interesting music? Not that interested I.
Hi Jay,
I was planning on attending tomorrow also for my first Axpona show. Are there only a limited number of tickets? I just figured I’d pick them up at the door. Should I play it safe and grab them online instead?

“ (I assume there are still tickets),”
I posted that caveat because I hadn’t checked availability and didn’t know.

What rooms have the most interesting music so far? It would also be good to know which rooms are just playing the likes of Krall/Pidgeon, so they can be skipped.

OP
MediumRare

MediumRare

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So the most important question: who’s playing interesting music? Not that interested I.

I posted that caveat because I hadn’t checked availability and didn’t know.

What rooms have the most interesting music so far? It would also be good to know which rooms are just playing the likes of Krall/Pidgeon, so they can be skipped.
There are 160 rooms and depending on the crowd many will play your requests on Roon or the like. If you’ve never gone, just go! It’s amazing and IMO 75% of the systems are extremely good.

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Sunday is usually the slowest day too, so you're more likely to be able to request a particular track.

Top Bottom