• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2021 (Who is Going)

LanceLewin

Hello, guys/gals! I got my flight to Chicago for the August show...who else is going? Note the director has already mentioned to me in an email vendors are signing up! It will likely be a great show!

maverickronin

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm going if I can get vaccinated before then...

OdysseusG

I'm back to being all in, now that vaccine's are here. Granted, I'm a local so it's a lot easier to swing by. Who knows, I might even do RMAF too.

DWI

I wonder what the take-up will be going forward. From my discussions with audio dealers, business has been very strong with dealers and manufacturers. My own dealer, who does not do any mail order or online sales, and spent 6 months doing a major refit, still had a pretty good year. Exhibiting at shows is expensive and it may seem less of an investment/return.

Midwest Blade

I am local and still have my pass credit from 2020, at this point I am not planning to attend 2021 in August unless there is a substantial reduction in overall covid19 numbers. Wandering around a hotel and visiting a number of crowded rooms even with a mask on just does not seem worth the risk.

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Midwest Blade

The date change is wise and with vaccinations growing it might make a late October date safer. I am still in a wait for 2022 mode.

TitaniumTroy

I'm local to AXPONA and I just got my second Moderna shot, so I will be ready to go. Hope JBL has the 4349 set up right in a decent sized room. Also something from Magnepan like their 30.7 For Condo's model set up for listening would be awesome. I've heard it once before at a dealer in Chicago, just freaking incredible.

TitaniumTroy

Just booked my room at the Country Inn and Suites by Raddison in Schaumburg, I think its like two miles to the show. I stayed here at the last AXPONA in 2019. $300.00 for three nights, including taxes, free breakfast and they have a pool and whirlpool/hot tub, Whoo Hoo!

I booked an extra night so I don't have to make that two hour drive in on Friday morning, I also like wandering the Renaissance hotel the night before the show is fully open to the public. Kinda like a sneak peek, prior to the horde's of audiophiles showing up. Interesting to see the calm before the storm, with the static displays in the lobby etc, show material etc...

OP
LanceLewin

LanceLewin

Hope everyone is doing well! Yes, at first distressed with the Oct dates, but now happy - as this will likely be in favor of attracting more vendors. Look forward to meeting a lot of you in Chicago!

MarcT

Forum Donor
With AXPONA and RMAF both being in October, I don't think I'd do both. For me, RMAF gets the nod because, Estes Park! I love to head up there after the show and take in the elk rut at RMNP, doing some photography of the elk and the park. And that new Gaylord Hotel venue is amazing. That said, I think AXPONA will have the greater number of exhibitors because a lot of them are ticked off at RMAF for raising their exhibitor room rates so much after the move to the Gaylord.

Edit: I just checked out the exhibitor list for RMAF and it's not real extensive, but the show is a long way off. AXPONA does not yet display an exhibitor list.

Last edited:

TitaniumTroy

Awww Crap cancelled again :(:mad::facepalm:
[email protected]

AXPONA Reschedules to April 22 - 24, 2022
Dear AXPONA Community,
AXPONA will be rescheduled from October 29-31, 2021 until April 22-24, 2022.
Throughout this spring and early summer, enthusiasm for AXPONA in October was sky high. Attendees were buying tickets, exhibitors were making plans and the media were requesting their press passes. But in recent weeks Covid cases in the US, due largely to the Delta variant, have been spiking again which has adversely impacted consumer travel behavior and corporate travel decisions.
Exhibitors and attendees travel to AXPONA from throughout the United States and from more than 40 other countries. Over the last few weeks, citing concerns over personal health, the unpredictability of international travel restrictions and reinstated companywide travel bans, many community members have told us they are unwilling or unable to commit to AXPONA in October.
So we have worked with our Renaissance Schaumburg venue partner to return AXPONA to its traditional spring timeframe in 2022, April 22–24, and we secured future dates from April 14-16, 2023 and April 12-14, 2024. We look forward to full participation in April with over 200 listening rooms, the Ear Gear Experience, Record Fair, Expo Hall, live concerts, networking events and so much more fun for audio gear buyers and sellers from all over the world to safely enjoy.

MarcT

Forum Donor
Well, with today's permanent cancellation of RMAF, AXPONA becomes pretty much the only audio show that I would attend. I have a hotel reservation booked for next April.

But with the seemingly never ending string of new variants, and the ensuing attendant panic and confusion around each variant, I wonder if there will ever again be another huge indoor audio show. I guess time will tell.

Midwest Blade

Fingers will be crossed for April '22.

If vaccinations continue to grow and we see a broad implementation of boosters over the fall and winter we hopefully will be in a much better place next spring.

MarcT

Forum Donor
Fingers will be crossed for April '22.

If vaccinations continue to grow and we see a broad implementation of boosters over the fall and winter we hopefully will be in a much better place next spring.
Agreed. I just booked a hotel reservation for the April 2022 AXPONA. Maybe the third time to book will be a charm!

Top Bottom