• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2017: exaSound, Parasound, Magnepan

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A8988.jpg

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer
That almost qualifies as a budget system these days...

$14,500 or so, bring your own cables.

My buddy John has a Parasound A21.

Fitzcaraldo215

Major Contributor
That almost qualifies as a budget system these days...

$14,500 or so, bring your own cables.

My buddy John has a Parasound A21.

I have two Parasound A23's in my 7.1 setup driving my surround and back channel Martin Logan 'stat hybrids. They are approaching 10 years old. The A23 is just a little brother of the A21. I bought them back then after comparative auditioning in stereo via careful listening against some $22,000 Krell class A monoblocks. I did not hear any significant difference, try as I might, except in the deep bass, where the Krells were somewhat noticeably more powerful sounding. Not a surprise, really, as Krells were always known for that.

But, I realized I would be crossing that region over to a subwoofer anyway. I thought, at under $1k with a 10-year warranty and 120 wpc at 8 ohms, 200 wpc at 4, the A23s were a steal. Still in the Parasound lineup, BTW, still under $1k. One of the best, lasting values in audio.

A reviewer friend bought a > $10k Wilson unpowered sub several years ago. Bad move, in my opinion, but I could not stop him. Guess which amp they recommended and supplied for it? Parasound A23.

Top Bottom