• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AVR or Processor with Dirac Live, dual/independent subs, multichannel USB? (For PC as source)

Ongii

Hello All,
Does such "perfect" device (either AVR or Processor) exist, to be used with a PC as source?
If not, what features have the most importance? I assume...
1) Dirac Live (room correction is really important)
2) Dual/independent subwoofers (meaning: DL treatment of the subwoofers in a mutual independent way Precondition is appropriate bass management, in the device, before DL)
3) USB multichannel (because USB is better than HDMI, for the simple fact that with HDMI you are obliged to connect a video sink)

Thanks for your feedback

tifune

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not yet; HTP-1 comes close but no multichannel USB support. Also, it's out of stock until ...?

Vacceo

Major Contributor
Only Arcam provides DLBC for multiple subwoofers. I don´t think any manufacturer provides USB multichannel at all.

OP
Ongii

Ongii

Only Arcam provides DLBC for multiple subwoofers. I don´t think any manufacturer provides USB multichannel at all.
Actually, I am aware only of Pioneer SC LX 89

OK, so I'll look for an Arcam device.
A completely other approach would be to buy a minidsp 88a between an AVR (any one with preouts) and power amplifier. But I assume the additional DAAD cycle is the worst compromise?

OP
Ongii

Ongii

a budget would be helpful.
1500€
Obviously, I'd consider the used market.

BTW, if nothing is feasible, I'll stick to my current setup, which means that to listen to the turntable I have to start manually the "Listen to ASIO..." function of JRiver.

Last edited:

azzy_mazzy

nothing in your budget will do what you want, onkyo got an AVR with dirac under your budget but that thing will clip quickly at 4 ohms and i would not recommend it without external amps or if you are sure that your speakers aren't 4 ohms, denon got good reliable AVRs with good amps inside but you need their $20 app to improve their target curve.

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
If you want to play files and you have the PC source, just add Jriver and DiracLive. Connect it to a Topping DM7 8 channel DAC ($599) and connect your amp/speakers.

Flak

Industry Insider
If you want to play files and you have the PC source, just add Jriver and DiracLive. Connect it to a Topping DM7 8 channel DAC ($599) and connect your amp/speakers.
Exactly! And DLBC for the Dirac Processor is currently beta tested and will be soon available...

Paiaso

I want to build exactly this setup. At the moment I have only Dirac Live on my windows PC and I don't know how Dirac can use two DM87 channels for the LFE. I assume that to use DLBC at its full power, I need 2 identical LFE channels. Is it correct?

Iceee

Can I connect Topping DM 7 trs balanced directly to rca unbalanced Marantz pm15s2 limited edition? Where can I buy such cables, tnx. @Flak can you help too plz

Kal Rubinson

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Forum Donor
Can I connect Topping DM 7 trs balanced directly to rca unbalanced Marantz pm15s2 limited edition? Where can I buy such cables, tnx. @Flak can you help too plz
Complicated. Look at the DM7 thread(s) here.

192kbps

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Actually, I am aware only of Pioneer SC LX 89

OK, so I'll look for an Arcam device.
A completely other approach would be to buy a minidsp 88a between an AVR (any one with preouts) and power amplifier. But I assume the additional DAAD cycle is the worst compromise?
Does Pioneer SC LX 89 support USB multi-channel?

Top Bottom