• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AVR for Hearing Impaired L/R Balance Headphones

Defqoner

Hello one & all,

My Yamaha RX-V683 losing Volume and Headphone Jack is having problems and is finally going South :-(
So now it is time to find a new AVR that does break my Back.

Here is my main Problem, I have a hearing loss of 50~80% depending on the Frequency on the Left & 40~50% Right.

I am looking to find a AV-Receiver that Balance (L/R) Plugin Headphones through the 3,5 Jack.
If I understood correctly Denon can do this?

My max price is about 1500,
my Speaker setup is :
2 Front
1 Center
2 Atmos Front
2 Behind (Back).
at the moment 1 Subwoofer.

To connect:
4K Bluray
Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
Fire TV 4K
Sat Receiver HD
Raspberry PII
Laptop
and last but not least a XBOX

Wearing my Hearing Aids Atmos is (was) Fantastic.

What I looked at up to now is the:
ONKYO TX-RZ50: Balance posible?? amirm - Anyway, I can't recommend the Onkyo TX-RZ50. If they fix the power handling issue, they may then get a marginal recommendation from me.
Denon X3800H: According the user manual Balance posible?? amirm - It is with much sadness that I cannot recommend the Denon AVR-X3800H.

I would just love some advice and Thank all in advance.

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Just a side note, if you have different frequency loss, APO and Peace addon has a hearing test where you go through the frequencies, and it builds a custom EQ profile to compensate for it on each side.
With that custom profile, it would make music a lot more fun.

OP
D

Defqoner

Just a side note, if you have different frequency loss, APO and Peace addon has a hearing test where you go through the frequencies, and it builds a custom EQ profile to compensate for it on each side.
With that custom profile, it would make music a lot more fun.
Hi Thx for your reply, what is APO and Peace addon? Thx

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
OP
D

Defqoner

It's a Windows program for equalizing, and it's free. Peace is the menu front end that has the hearing tester.
APO Equalizer https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
Peace download https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

Just run through the hearing test for each side, then it will build a custom profile to balance each side for the different frequency range. Things should sound a lot more accurate with it compensating.
Thx, Hoping for some advice for the AV-Receiver :)

Sernyl

It's a Windows program for equalizing, and it's free. Peace is the menu front end that has the hearing tester.
APO Equalizer https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
Peace download https://sourceforge.net/projects/peace-equalizer-apo-extension/

Just run through the hearing test for each side, then it will build a custom profile to balance each side for the different frequency range. Things should sound a lot more accurate with it compensating.
Can one ADD the custom profile from hearing test TO a given headphone*** profile ?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can one ADD the custom profile from hearing test TO a given headphone*** profile ?
You can add more to the profile it makes, it just lists the rest of the changes like the ones to balance things out. The ones it makes are left and right specific, but no reason you couldn't add some more in the editor, might be easier to do it within APO than Peace for loading a profile.

Top Bottom