• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Avforums started to include measurements in their speaker review

delta76

Major Contributor
Long time ago (10 years?) I was a frequent at Avforums because they reviewed a wide range of things, especially TVs with I was interested in. I was not big fan of their speaker reviews, not because of they are subjective (I had no idea whatsoever), but because I had no interest.
Checking one of their newer reviews now and I was pleasantly surprised, they do now include measurements in their reviews https://www.avforums.com/reviews/pe...s-5-1-home-cinema-speaker-setup-review.20271/

It's quite basic, but it's a step in the right direction.

sarumbear

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Long time ago (10 years?) I was a frequent at Avforums because they reviewed a wide range of things, especially TVs with I was interested in. I was not big fan of their speaker reviews, not because of they are subjective (I had no idea whatsoever), but because I had no interest.
Checking one of their newer reviews now and I was pleasantly surprised, they do now include measurements in their reviews https://www.avforums.com/reviews/pe...s-5-1-home-cinema-speaker-setup-review.20271/

It's quite basic, but it's a step in the right direction.
The parting note says:

There are very high-performance systems one could construct for the same money, but they are either DSP-based and require bespoke amplification (e.g., a system based around the JBL M2s and JBL SCLs) or have nowhere near the output of the Perlistens (e.g., the Revel F328Be).

There were no distortion or compression charts to ascertain the maximum SPL. The reviewer was just talking from his rear orifice. I don’t understand the reference to F328Be within the second parenthesis either. Anyone did? Do they mean a F328Be is not a match in SPL?

Last edited:
Top Bottom