• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Avengers - Infinity War

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
This is going to be a very short and not so sweet review.
Infinity War is BY FAR the worst movie to ever come out of the Marvel franchise and probably the most cheated I've ever walked out of a movie feeling.
Walking out of the theater I can not believe who or how the decision was make to release this POS.
It is a huge setup for a follow-up part 2 but I can guarantee you I won't be spending $17 to see it at the IMAX or any other theater.
I won't talk about the tech details since AFAIK they don't matter at all.
Just a sad statement of the whole deal that they think they can get away with such a rip off.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Interesting, I thought it was by far the best MCU film so far, one of the few that entertained throughout.

Rod

Addicted to Fun and Learning
And yet the movie is rated 84% at R.T. and 8.9 at IMDb. Except for a couple exceptions there all crappy movies with similar plots.

Guermantes

I had the same experience when I saw Avatar. I watched it in 3D and was mesmerised by the visuals but when I walked out of the theatre I felt that it was just a dumb rehash of the Pocahontas story that conveniently ignored half a century of post-colonial thought. I haven't watched it again -- once was enough.

svart-hvitt

Major Contributor
Is this an example of subjectivism vs objectivism?

=> «I think this movie stinks...»

...vs...

=> This movie has above average box office numbers and viewer ratings are above average.

In psychoacoustics we learn that listeners’ preferences count. Subjectively, that can be hard to accept.

;)

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I had the same experience when I saw Avatar. I watched it in 3D and was mesmerised by the visuals but when I walked out of the theatre I felt that it was just a dumb rehash of the Pocahontas story that conveniently ignored half a century of post-colonial thought. I haven't watched it again -- once was enough.
Haven't seen "Infinity ... " but your description of Avatar fits to a "T'' ... yet I like the movie and saw it a second time before that hit me ... The 3D visuals are the best I have seen and remain the best to this day and the best use of the the 3D medium of any movie i have seen since ... In spite of my intellectual hatred for the Pocahontas rehash and the (crass) colonialism undertone of it ... I like the movie and it is part of my permanent collection .. Call this ambivalence .. if you will ...:oops:
Will see "Infinity " soon .. will report ....

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I get the big numbers War is making. I've seen most of the prior Marvel movies before it and mostly enjoyed them very much, that's why myself and a group of friends when to see it. On exit all the group I was with felt the same negative way about it, and I heard a lot of grumbling in the crowd.
But go see it, YMMV

Top Bottom