• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Avantone pro Avantone cla-200

Pjetrof

Does some people have experience with tthis pro company?
There new amplifier looks intresting?
Someone have seen the components used?
After reading Hypex use now less good components, i m looking elsewhere.
http://www.avantonepro.com/cla-200.php

yodog

I have experience with this amp. It sounds incredible and powerful, especially given the price. I wonder though if it would drive 4 ohm speakers if used in bridged mode with two CLA-200’s.

the components inside are so so quality. They use elna 80v 10000uf (4 total) filtering capacitors but I did a quick search once on them and there were some skepticism about the authenticity of it being elna. I heard that it was elna but they were made in their “Asia” factory or something. Either way the amp sounds great, but the gain knobs feel cheap/are cheap, the VU meters literally never move, and when playing music very loud for like more than 45 minutes, to my ears it sounds like the amplifier runs out of gas or gets tired. The plus side is this amplifier has a huge toroidal transformer, and uses 14 or 16 gauge internal wiring.
Oh, another caveat is the binding posts are very cheap quality, and the user manual doesn’t really explain very well what the ground lift switch does, nor is there any proper info on the amplifiers input sensitivity given the fact that it has gain knobs with 20 different level settings. It just says 0.775v @ 1khz.

I wish Amir would measure this amp as I’ve been wondering how it measures. It sure sounds very very good and powerful. It sounded as good or better than a anthem MCA225 amplifier that costed almost 3 times the price.

On a side note: where are you reading about hypeX amplifiers and poor component quality?

OP
Pjetrof

Pjetrof

I ve read that on this forum.
That hypex use cheap capacitors now?

fuzzychaos

I used it for a while with a few preamps and it always sounded good. I went back to integrateds, but would not hesitate to use one again.

dfuller

Major Contributor
I ve read that on this forum.
That hypex use cheap capacitors now?
Only the power supply, and they always have. It is what it is. It won't affect the sound, only longevity before servicing (it'll still be years).

OP
Pjetrof

Pjetrof

Only the power supply, and they always have. It is what it is. It won't affect the sound, only longevity before servicing (it'll still be years).

apparentely they changed them, in the beginning they used diffrent ones. Like they apparentely use better ones in there nc1200 modules?

just like you wont hear a diffrence between a behringer A 800 and hypex nc500 so if hypex use cheaper capicitator why buy hypex vs Behringer!

OP
Pjetrof

Pjetrof

apparentely they changed them, in the beginning they used diffrent ones. Like they apparentely use better ones in there nc1200 modules?

just like you wont hear a diffrence between a behringer A 800 and hypex nc500 so if hypex use cheaper capicitator why buy hypex vs Behringer!

I m not an EE, Shiit not that expensive use better caps.

Top Bottom