• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Automatic optical audio switch

Willem

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I guess my biggest worry is that this is more than just a switch. It is supposed to have some additional electronics to reduce jitter. That makes me ever so slightly suspicious, but maybe that is unfair.

RayDunzl

Major Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Willem

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks Ray. However this is a discontinued US product. It does indeed do the same kind of thing thlugh flr money. It does not promise to reduce jitter and that would reassure me.

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Patreon Donor
I doubt they will change the bits, they would have to be confident they understood all the data types that spdif supports, including surround formats. And why would they want to do this?

WondrousHippo

Patreon Donor
I bought one of those switches earlier this year for use with my Khadas Tone Board. I really like it, there's no subjective changes to sound as far as I can tell. Your issue is going to be if your various sources turn off their signal when not active, though you can also manually select the input via serial commands. Also, you might be able to get a version with a button installed - ask the seller, he's very helpful.

Top Bottom