• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aune X1s GT Review (DAC & Amp)

Rate this product:

• Poor (headless panther)

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 42 25.6%
  • Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 104 63.4%
  • Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters

LTig

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
No, he found exactly the right place to get all this BS revealed as what it is.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
This guy is one of the most ridiculous subjectivist reviewers around. He hears the difference of all the dacs and amplifiers. If you believe someone like him, you are probably not right at ASR.
He's a flake! :facepalm: I made commentary at one of his videos and it lasted about 25 minutes and he erased it. It was about a Hegel amp review.

hidehide

Unfortunately, since visually it beats the Topping DX3 Pro+ by far, it looks gorgeous, alas the headphone amp unbalanced is very weak. What a pity.
Same here. Love the look and the volume knob, unlike the clicky Dx3Pro+ which will skip occasionally. I’m looking at the Aune X8 + X7s.. not sure if Dx3Pro+ is better than that stack or not..

PenguinMusic

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Hi everybody,

In a previous post, I realted about problems with quality and especially customer support.
I must say that it turned out that the culprit was the reseller... not the manufacturer.

As soon as the AUNE Team saw my message they got in touch with me.
After finding out where the problem was, they offered SUPERB customer support.

Even if it took a long time (they are in China and it all had to go over a reseller that was not the original one !!!) I finally got a totally functional x8s DAC as a replacement.

So I would like to stress that I am now again enjoying my music over the x8 DAC and x7s HP amp and I would like to say that, to my ears, coupled to a Sony MDR-Z7 HP or an Oppo PM-1 it produces a sound that I really really like :)

Hope to see more products from AUNE in the future :)

So a HUGE THANK YOU to customer support from AUNE for their follow up in this and their superb help.

We complain when things go wrong. We should also tell when we're happy after all :)

Top Bottom