• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aune S10N streamer

andrea

Dear All,
just launched http://en.auneaudio.com/index.php?s=Home/Article/detail/id/560.html

It seems very interesting to me, especially because we have a display at last, and we can use it in streaming like an old CD player also with a simple remote control. I hate computer like (aestetically) hifi devices!

However there is an inexplicable limitation: spdif out (toslink or aes/ebu or coaxial) is limited to 44.1Khz - when streaming -, so goodbye to Tidal or Amazon Music HD to be played thorough external DACs (expensive or not) at 96 or 192khz. This is a real pity. This is very strange considering other streamers, far cheaper for example WIIM, don't have this limitation. Furthermore nowhere they specify what DAC chip is mounted on board.

I am sure that there is or will be a software or hardware workaround but I am not aware of it the moment, on this please help. Considering I was (actualy I would be...) interested to buy this device, I have sent an email to aune asking exactely "why and how", and the answer was very generic (their only mail available to wrtite to is sales@aune, and you can image how generic are the answers from sales dpts...)

I wrote my cent, I hope any of you is interested to discover more, I stay tuned and ready to contribute if i can.

Best,
Andrea

Last edited:

nyxnyxnyx

Addicted to Fun and Learning
aune has great aesthetic designs, I've always thought about buying their full combo if I was rich.

OP
A

andrea

In fact. It is not a mistake, I wrote again to [email protected] and the reply finally was: Thanks for your time , we will consider about that for S10 Pro, but right now S10N can not upgrade , in fact , it can play the 24bit/192K file , but only output 44.1K , thanks for your time

SO... it seems that they are going to manufacture a "pro" version with a not restricted digital output when streaming... I cannot image the cost of this further version.

About the DAC used inside... It is a mistery... I send also this query but no answer so far...

moonbst1

In fact. It is not a mistake, I wrote again to [email protected] and the reply finally was: Thanks for your time , we will consider about that for S10 Pro, but right now S10N can not upgrade , in fact , it can play the 24bit/192K file , but only output 44.1K , thanks for your time

SO... it seems that they are going to manufacture a "pro" version with a not restricted digital output when streaming... I cannot image the cost of this further version.

About the DAC used inside... It is a mistery... I send also this query but no answer so far...

Does S10 Pro still have 44.1k limitation? I am considering to purchase between Gustard A26 and S10 Pro.

Top Bottom