• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X)

Are you a current Denon/Marantz AVR Owner and if so what do you think of Audyssey's MultEQ-X?

• I'm a current AVR owner. $200 price is acceptable. I've already purchased it.

• I'm a current AVR owner. $200 price is acceptable. I’m willing to spend the money once I learn more.

• I'm a current AVR owner. $200 price is too high. Anything lower is better.

• I'm not a current Denon/Marantz AVR owner. $200 price is acceptable.

• I'm not a current Denon/Marantz AVR owner. $200 price is too high. Anything lower lower is better.

• I'm a current AVR owner. $200 price is acceptable, but I don't like the restrictive terms. Wont buy.

• I'm not an owner. $200 price is acceptable, but I don't like the restrictive terms. Wont buy.

• Other (please explain).

Results are only viewable after voting.

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Audyssey's Next Generation of Room Correction (MultEQ-X) was unveiled on December 15, 2021.

Press release:

Which models does it support?
At launch, MultEQ-X supports all Denon and Marantz AVRs that are compatible with the "Audyssey MultEQ Editor" mobile application (available on iOS and Android).

Compatible models: (Product availability varies depending on regions.)

Denon AV Receiver: AVR-X6300H, AVR-X4300H, AVR-X3300W, AVR-X2300W, AVR-X1300W, AVR-S920W, AVR-S720W, AVR-S730H, AVR-S930H, AVR-X1400H, AVR-X2400H, AVR-X3400H, AVR-X4400H, AVR-X6400H, AVR-X8500H, AVR-S740H, AVR-S940H, AVR-X1500H, AVR-X2500H, AVR-X3500H, AVR-X4500H, AVR-X6500H, AVR-X1600H, AVR-X2600H, AVR-X3600H, AVR-S750H, AVR-S950H, AVR-A110, AVR-X6700H, AVR-X4700H, AVR-X3700H, AVR-X2700H, AVR-S960H, AVR-X8500HA, AVR-X1700H, AVR-S760H

Marantz AV Receiver: AV7703, SR7011, SR6011, SR5011, NR1607, NR1608, SR5012, SR6012, SR7012, SR8012, AV7704, AV8805, NR1609, SR5013, SR6013, SR7013, AV7705, NR1710, SR5014, SR6014, SR8015, SR7015, SR6015, SR5015, NR1711, AV7706, AV8805A

How to download the application?

What's the cost and limitations?
To calibrate an AVR, a license must be acquired through an in-app purchase of $199.99, which entitles the user to calibrate a single AVR for the lifetime of the AVR. Licenses are per-user and per-AVR-serial-number, and are non-transferrable.

Where is the manual?

Did Sound United create a youtube video talking about this?
2021-12-15 JoeNTell
2021-12-17 SoundUnited

Discuss!

Last edited:

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
My guess: it's a paid upgrade that works with the same AVRs as the MultEQ app. The hardware which established that 2-way communication is already there so I don't see why not, unless some radical new core features come about which are simply not compatible. Maybe those features could simply be greyed out and unavailable, while everything else still works.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Feeling pressured by Dirac support appearing everywhere are we? :p

But seriously this is a good thing and so is more competition in this space. Hopefully they have a more sophisticated multi-sub system planned as part of that update as well. A big barrier to multiple-sub adoption IMO is the primitive level of optimization present in everything short of the most expensive AVRs right now. You shouldn't have to do the crazy complex miniDSP+MSO workflow just to get a decent multi-sub setup.

amper42

Major Contributor
No release date and they have been talking about a more advanced version of Audyssey for a year now with computer control. I would love to see it but frankly I wouldn't be surprised if 12 months from now they are still teasing this future update.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Datec

Looks exactly like their App which I have in my Apple tablet I bought for just that reason. Guess they just wanted to allow Window based computers to use it which they should have done from the start. Still have my Pro kit in the closet too, not sure what I can do with that and the Marantz 8805 I have now.

Chromatischism

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Looks exactly like their App which I have in my Apple tablet I bought for just that reason. Guess they just wanted to allow Window based computers to use it which they should have done from the start. Still have my Pro kit in the closet too, not sure what I can do with that and the Marantz 8805 I have now.
The new software is going to be better than the app.

Trell

Major Contributor

The guy from Audyssey said one should hold on to the Pro kit. I guess the kit would be usable for products that currently support the Audyssey app.

Hopefully their new PC software allows one to use ones own measurement microphone. It would be a bummer otherwise.

Datec

The new software is going to be better than the app.
I must have missed where they said that, I skipped around the video cause the host boasting about the room they were in and the cost of things which had nothing to do with the subject. He should have let the guest do more explaining as to what is new in the software and what improvements have been made.

Datec

The guy from Audyssey said one should hold on to the Pro kit. I guess the kit would be usable for products that currently support the Audyssey app.

Hopefully their new PC software allows one to use ones own measurement microphone. It would be a bummer otherwise.
That would be great if that is true, I'm sure the mic in the kit is far better then the one that came with the PrePro. Like you stated the use of an even better mic would be a huge plus. Using a laptop is far easier then a tablet at least for me anyhow. Hopefully load times get sped up also for comparison of different curves.

Trell

Major Contributor
That would be great if that is true, I'm sure the mic in the kit is far better then the one that came with the PrePro. Like you stated the use of an even better mic would be a huge plus. Using a laptop is far easier then a tablet at least for me anyhow. Hopefully load times get sped up also for comparison of different curves.

My 2015 model Denon AVR-X4200W did not get the Audyssey app update and I’m hesitant to buy a new AVR just for that.

With PC software using my own measurement mic that could change.

anthonymoody

My guess: it's a paid upgrade that works with the same AVRs as the MultEQ app. The hardware which established that 2-way communication is already there so I don't see why not, unless some radical new core features come about which are simply not compatible. Maybe those features could simply be greyed out and unavailable, while everything else still works.
That'd be great, and potentially timely for me as I have the itch to switch out my Marantz 8012 for an Anthem 1140 to try out ARC in my 7.1.4 set up.

wigglerabbit

I believe the first of the two webminars were scheduled for today, but there is now a press release already.

The thing that bugs me is it will be a 200 purchase per avr per user—which means not transferrable when you sell the avr/you cant use it toward another avr.

beren777

"Licenses are per-user and per-AVR-serial-number, and are non-transferrable."

$200 per AVR, non-transferable to a new buyer, and not usable on a new AVR? That's going to be a deal breaker for many people, possibly for me. It's a shockingly consumer unfriendly move.

Top Bottom