• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
Nah--I just can't imagine needing to bookmark anyone's twitter, let alone the one that you'll inevitably end up seeing everywhere anyway. Probably just me.

I can't imagine looking through someone's bookmark bar and then try to make an issue out of what my investigative skills discovered.
Probably just me.

bambadoo

Hi, interesting review.
On another forum I read that a customer has experienced excessive noise/hum when using a cable like this. It seems as if it was a fault in the cable connector where a screw touched a metal screen inside and caused "short" between the connectors. When fixing/removing this the cable went "silent" :)

bidn

Excellent, BDWoody,
that one, FraudioQuest is perfect!
Thank you so much!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
You're not curious about someone's bookmark bar?

Not to the extent that I would 'call someone out' and ask them to defend what was not part of the discussion.

Seems a bit intrusive, not to mention a little creepy.

Certainly isn't an incentive to posting a screenshot, meant to be helpful, when it's going to be analysed through a social or political lense.

Tks

Major Contributor
Believe it or not, there is still a market for good crt TVs. They are pure analog, which matters for frame perfect inputs on vintage, analog video output games.
Need look no further than broadcast CRTs like the Song BVM line. Finding one of those in big sizes in good working condition and inspected/calibrated costs thousands now I believe.

They're a beauty when you see them in person. And still have some image quality that emulation of shaders can't do service to when viewed through an LCD.

andreasmaaan

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I donated the cable. I was once an audio fool, now I am a science diehard. :) I hope no one else needs to learn this the hard way as I did.

When you believed in the cable, did it sound better/different?

Curious because I recall “hearing“ subtle differences between cables many years ago myself.

murraycamp

Forum Donor
Or else, invest extra in cable lifters because you physically need them here.
Classic. Who knew they actually had a purpose?

Universal Cereal Bus

Not to the extent that I would 'call someone out' and ask them to defend what was not part of the discussion.

Seems a bit intrusive, not to mention a little creepy.

Certainly isn't an incentive to posting a screenshot, meant to be helpful, when it's going to be analysed through a social or political lense.
I'm sorry but I think you're somewhat projecting "a social or political" tilt to my interaction. I appreciated @RayDunzl 's screenshot emphasizing my earlier point. I even bestowed upon it a coveted "like." Naturally, one follows that up with some friendly ribbing and banter. Unfortunately, something (perhaps the "LOL") was seen as inflammatory. I was just trying to express some innocent amusement.

murraycamp

Forum Donor
I donated the cable. I was once an audio fool, now I am a science diehard. :) I hope no one else needs to learn this the hard way as I did.
Thank you!

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I'm sorry but I think you're somewhat projecting "a social or political" tilt to my interaction. I appreciated @RayDunzl 's screenshot emphasizing my earlier point. I even bestowed upon it a coveted "like." Naturally, one follows that up with some friendly ribbing and banter. Unfortunately, something (perhaps the "LOL") was seen as inflammatory. I was just trying to express some innocent amusement.

Fair enough... It's just such a charged time, I'd hate to see the thread go down the toilet because someone not so well intentioned thought they could score some cheap points.

Cheers.

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
Fair enough... It's just such a charged time, I'd hate to see the thread go down the toilet because someone not so well intentioned thought they could score some cheap points.

Cheers.
Mine is far duller.
1603803808786.png

SIY

Grand Contributor
Technical Expert
“Magic” is the folder where you keep the links to all the audiophile cables you intend to buy?

No, but your explanation is better than the reality. :D

Top Bottom