• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest Wind High-end Cable Review

WeHaDude

He needs Valium. And yoga. And some soothing 417Hz solffegio tones. Some bourbon. And then some more Valium. i think he is beyond breathing it out. He certainly gets wound up. His BP must be off the chart.
Breathing fine. No meds. Blood pressure normal at 110/70. No need for yoga or tones either. And already enjoyed a 4 Roses bourbon drink earlier. Yet, when all is said and done, the “analysis” drivel is still, well, negative blah! Btw, please provide your forwarding address. I’d like to send along a collection of “awesome”, “killer”, generic cables gathering dust. I’m sure they hold incredible value and rival (or best) everything in modern cable science/art once subjected to your thorough analysis! Please consider it my financial contribution. No questions asked. Until then, happy listening!

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Talking about speaker cables.
I had to make a 100ft one for a pro audio subwoofer running at 1000 watts.
I went to home depot, got 8gauge stranded wire, 400ft.
Then I made 2 twisted runs, so each lead had 2 8 guage strands twisted to reject interference.

IT SUCKED, but there was NOTHING I could find in similar spec, twisted, etc.
There is no "magic" in wire, just good engineering.
Sounds like you need to wire up some Speakons.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Ok so having established that $2,300 is a ridiculous price to pay for a pair of interconnects that dont even work.
$2,300 is a rediculous amount to pay for a interconnect that did work,
Go here and pick your poison. You can't go wrong with anything there. My only negative comment would be the Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 are very stiff and the connectors long. If you don't have a lot of room behind the components they could be a problem. Sonicly they're all 100% transparent.
https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/audio/index.htm

infinitesymphony

Major Contributor
Breathing fine. No meds. Blood pressure normal at 110/70. No need for yoga or tones either. And already enjoyed a 4 Roses bourbon drink earlier. Yet, when all is said and done, the “analysis” drivel is still, well, negative blah! Btw, please provide your forwarding address. I’d like to send along a collection of “awesome”, “killer”, generic cables gathering dust. I’m sure they hold incredible value and rival (or best) everything in modern cable science/art once subjected to your thorough analysis! Please consider it my financial contribution. No questions asked. Until then, happy listening!
WeHaDude kicked back and nursed another sip of bourbon, rolling it over his tongue, savoring it. "Heh heh, I owned those ASR nerds again," he thought to himself as he drifted off to sleep in his favorite La-Z-Boy.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Breathing fine. No meds. Blood pressure normal at 110/70. No need for yoga or tones either. And already enjoyed a 4 Roses bourbon drink earlier.
Shows in your posts....

Yet, when all is said and done, the “analysis” drivel is still, well, negative blah! Btw, please provide your forwarding address. I’d like to send along a collection of “awesome”, “killer”, generic cables gathering dust. I’m sure they hold incredible value and rival (or best) everything in modern cable science/art once subjected to your thorough analysis! Please consider it my financial contribution. No questions asked. Until then, happy listening!
Hmmm. If they are dusty, they screw up the flow of electrons which makes them sound bad. Clean them up, put some silicon polish on them and the speed of the electrons increases. And with it, you will get faster bass, better microdynamics, PRAT coming out of your ear, and darkest background you can imagine. And oh, the soundstage will become so real you would think you are drinking with the musicians than just listening to their music! Try that with your overprice, noise inducing high-end cable!

WeHaDude

Shows in your posts....

Hmmm. If they are dusty, they screw up the flow of electrons which makes them sound bad. Clean them up, put some silicon polish on them and the speed of the electrons increases. And with it, you will get faster bass, better microdynamics, PRAT coming out of your ear, and darkest background you can imagine. And oh, the soundstage will become so real you would think you are drinking with the musicians than just listening to their music! Try that with your overprice, noise inducing high-end cable!
Quoting a line from the review: “We know how to measure noise!” You sure know how to make it too with “analysis” that can best be described as the art of making noise! Happy listening.

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I'm having a blast with a guy who has a $16,000 audio systems and swears that I'm an idiot because I say cables don't make any differences. The thread is gold for some laughs and to remember that the "Sound Science" subforum at Head-Fi ain't serious at all. He's saying that my poor Heresy and my Sanskrit 10th Mk.II are lowly and nothing compared to the heights of summit-fi. He hurt my and my gear's feelings guys..

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/how...ke-a-difference.481385/page-131#post-15952414

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
How can you evaluate your health with things like BP analysis?

Had a grandfather who loved the 4 roses. It caused him to lose his legs. He felt great all the way until.....

solderdude

Grand Contributor
WeHaDude is just ratteling some chains.
If he really had balls he could head over to Amir and simply collect $10k if he can prove what he says he can do so easily.
He can even bring along his collection of 'subpar' cables.
Funny thing... they always have the dummest excuses not to go.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Quoting a line from the review: “We know how to measure noise!” You sure know how to make it too with “analysis” that can best be described as the art of making noise! Happy listening.

Slow down the drinking. You are becoming less funny and more boring.

WeHaDude

Aaaah. Dismissing someone who last had a drink with dinner hours ago as a drunk because you've been called out on your "hater" drivel. How completely unscientific and objectively unsound from someone claiming to appreciate fact?!? Here's the deal Amir: you're just another critic that considers audio to be defined exclusively by oscilloscope leads...and noise. A naysayer with a penchant for self-promotion and a disdain for review narratives. I don't know. Maybe you're still bitter from a disappointing experience early in your audiophile journey. I think there's therapy for that. I don't pay much attention to over-hyped narratives and ultimately trust my ears and my right as a consumer to return anything that yields disappointing, marginal or sub-par performance. Nevertheless, looking forward to seeing your personally designed, assembled and ideal audio products dominating the worldwide marketplace soon. Lamp-cord interconnects, generic cables and all. Wouldn't that be something? Until then, happy listening!

Wombat

Master Contributor
"Until then, happy listening"!

Hee haw, sign-off at last. :)

Sukie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I just don't understand why a person get's so wound up about a cable? I know it's probably more than that (did I hear mention of an "audiophile journey"?), but it's still a thread about a cable!

Agree with @Wombat about the punctuation though.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Wanna impress? Build and market the ideal product in every category.

Nevertheless, looking forward to seeing your personally designed, assembled and ideal audio products dominating the worldwide marketplace soon. Lamp-cord interconnects, generic cables and all. Wouldn't that be something?

I don't understand that argument o_O

If somebody tells you that they think psychic surgery is BS, would going to medical school to become a real surgeon be the way to prove it?

(Sorry if I'm feeding a troll)

Top Bottom