• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest PowerQuest 3 Video Review (AC Filter/Surge Protector)

DanTheMan

So, I can just toss this thing in the garbage?

Been running a Plasma for over 10 years through this (dad says, the filtration "cleans" up the signal integrity and is what has allowed the plasma TV not to die as quickly as others). He says he doesn't know the degradation rate of each of the components themselves, by suffering from less cleaner electricity, at least in theory, the "cleaner" a sine wave is - the less thermal micro-stress on components there is. (he was an electrician before the advent of digital and all the cool advances we have now with components, so think something like the 70's is when he was finished). Kinda seems plausible given that his TV isn't suffering any defects, and I know people who's plasma started to deteriorate in far less than 10+ years.

Idk the thing is kinda cool looking, but I have no idea what it actually does aside from light up colors when it's on.

iu

EDIT: Btw, the AudioQuest surge protector filters stuff above 30kHz, useless for audio, or is it? Like if you run a NOS DAC for example, would this filter all the junk garbage above that? Or from those ass DAC filters that attenuate well, but then start rising up as you go into the ultrasonic frequencies?
I’ve had my plasma for over a decade just plugged into the wall. I’ve been expecting a funeral for the last 5 years. The salesman tried to convince not to buy it due to plasma’s lifespan, but it’s lived through several brown outs and earthquakes. I probably just jinxed it, but it and my Nakamichi tapedeck are the oldest pieces in my home theater. That Nak must be 25 years old. It requires maintenance, a gentle hand and some faith at this point.

Reactions: Tks
Top Bottom