• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audioquest Niagara 1200 Review AC Surge Protector and Filter (Video)

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I am baaaack! :) I record videos in the evening when there is less noise around. For the last few months though, I have either been working in the garden during the same time or been testing speakers which make a ton of noise. I felt that it was time to get back on the saddle and produce a video on the AQ Niagra 1200 AC conditioner:

Here is the text review if you have not seen it: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/...view-power-conditioner-surge-protector.25443/

Mike Allison

New to the forum so I just wanted to say Hi, before adding my 120000 cents worth.
I own the Niagara 1200 and I knew better than to take Darko seriously but Reickert is a straight shooter, keep in mind he lives in NYC and $1200 isn’t what it is in most of the country.
The Niagara does what I wanted it to do, deliver power to my components,
I am glad it’s not filtering, the last thing I want is a cable company playing sound engineer.
I bought the Niagara 1200 because I was losing volume about 8 pm and then magically got it back around 10pm. That doesn’t happen anymore. No more ground loop problem either. It does what it should do,
$1200 bucks is steep but my $150 two year old power conditioner didn’t get the job done.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
New to the forum so I just wanted to say Hi, before adding my 120000 cents worth.
I own the Niagara 1200 and I knew better than to take Darko seriously but Reickert is a straight shooter, keep in mind he lives in NYC and $1200 isn’t what it is in most of the country.
The Niagara does what I wanted it to do, deliver power to my components,
I am glad it’s not filtering, the last thing I want is a cable company playing sound engineer.
I bought the Niagara 1200 because I was losing volume about 8 pm and then magically got it back around 10pm. That doesn’t happen anymore. No more ground loop problem either. It does what it should do,
$1200 bucks is steep but my $150 two year old power conditioner didn’t get the job done.

What Reichart is a straight shooter? For what his cum when he gets paid enough to get a hardon for useless audio gear?

Top Bottom