• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

Albi1

I am astonished about hearing an effect, which I did not expect at all in the beginning. Same is true for quite a few tests in professional journals, which are hopefully not only monetarily incentivized.
Yet there is no reason to believe that the Jitterbug changes the sound in any way.
Why do you bother posting this?
---
I am astonished about hearing an effect, which I did not expect at all in the beginning. Same is true for quite a few tests in professional journals, which are hopefully not only monetarily incentivized.

Leporello

Most members of this forum know perfectly well that quite a few people believe the Jitterbug changes the sound to the better. You know that, too. Why do you bother posting?

Albi1

My response:
"I suggest that people with more knowledge of the matter think of better and new measurements in order to detect these kinds of effects - which will depend on the music source and devices used."
And, see also above: The presented measurements may focus on jitter, though this might not be the target of the device, above and besides some "placebo" outcome people are always prone to.
Instead I get responses which do not honor this forum.

Leporello

My response:
"I suggest that people with more knowledge of the matter think of better and new measurements in order to detect these kinds of effects - which will depend on the music source and devices used."
And, see also above: The presented measurements may focus on jitter, though this might not be the target of the device, above and besides some "placebo" outcome people are always prone to.
Instead I get responses which do not honor this forum.
You know perfectly well that measurements are not the issue with Jitterbug or any other audiophile tweaks.

Why do you bother posting? What do you hope to achieve?

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The fact that a phenomenon cannot be measured in 2021 doesn't mean it will never be measurable. This is something the dogmatic "objectivists" should keep in mind.

By 1628 Harvey had disproved, through scientific means, that bloodletting was ineffectual in curing disease. Yet he could scarcely imagine what a PET scan could tell a physician in 2021.

If people believe they hear improvement, there's sweet FA I will try to do to persuade them otherwise. With that said, I'm pretty thoroughly on board with the objectivist point of view, caveating only that we don't know everything. And I'm sure appreciative of Amirm, and others, who test knowledgeably and provide us with their findings. :D

Last edited:

Veri

Master Contributor
I am currently testing the new Jitterbug FMJ. It works with most devices connected to my computer/phone. In these cases, it adds depth to the stage and removes shrillness/grain at the top end. It rounds corners.
What perfect audiophile nonsense. And only positives of course after spending $60, never any negatives.
Yeah I'll take that with a grain of salt thank you :facepalm::facepalm:

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
I found the switch to turn email notifications off. This thread is pure trolling. People telling me what I hear or don't hear is ludicrous. Auf Wiedersehn!

UPDATE for know-it alls: Auf Wiedersehn = Auf Wiedersehen. It is my mother tongue, after all.
What a bunch of baloney.
Or is it wienerschnitzel?

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

MaxBuck

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Albert Einstein invented your measuring device? Respect! But he should know :).
No idea what you're talking about here. I was referring to the saying you quoted, which has been attributed to Einstein.

I own no measuring devices that are relevant to discussions here outside of the food threads (cups, teaspoons, etc.).

??? Where did you get this from?
Copy-and-paste from a friend:

SBAF's atomicbob quotes Jonathan Novick, former Audio Precision guy, using it at AES meetings (paraphrasing Einstein, eg last line of this post):

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.o...echnical-measurements.9258/page-2#post-350912

And here:

https://www.superbestaudiofriends.o...rement-visualizations.8828/page-2#post-286337

See also here: https://www.stereophile.com/rmaf2010/lies_damned_lies_and_specifications/index.html

Top Bottom