• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

Eirikur

It is the same idea of a simple filter. It misses the fact that every audio device that uses USB power also performs its own filtering/dc regeneration.

Did you ever try or test the "industrial" versions of these devices? Two examples from a reputable company:
If I read it correctly these are meant as development board aids to meet regulatory compliance standards and also come as integration part. This supports very much your initial claim: any competently designed USB interface should never suffer from the problems these devices solve, worst case it would actually already include the integration part.

Labjr

Major Contributor
I would think any DAC made these days should properly deal with jitter.

Nice doggy tear-down though! Maybe he can get a job in the quality control department at Ciunas?

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Here's a new for me product from Nordost.
QRT-qpoint_600s.png

"The QPOINT Resonance Synchronizer emits a subtle field which manipulates all electromechanical resonances within its immediate proximity so that they resonate in unison with each other. By syncing these resonances, the QPOINT eliminates internal electrical noise, enhancing the coherency and timing that is typically lacking in even the most high-end audio systems."
https://www.nordost.com/qrt/qpoint-resonance-synchronizer.php

I don't understand what the above bit of BS is saying but as I get it, you just place this thing in the proximity of your gear and it lifts veils, etc..
All for only $750.00 US! I'm wondering how many I'll need for the 5.2.4 rig to get best results?
High Fidelity PLN has given it a 2019 Product of the Year award. o_O

"I am sometimes ashamed of how little we know about audio, how little we understand about it. We fly to the Moon, we are getting ready to fly to Mars, we have quite good knowledge of how the universe is changing and what its structure is, we have found thousands of planets that are similar to the Earth and we have finally “seen” a black hole, but we still cannot comprehend what (often) negative or (sometimes) positive impact a little wire, a piece of wood or aluminum foil, etc., have on the sound of recordings."
http://highfidelity.pl/@main-941&lang=en

ROTFLMAO, Sal
03.jpg

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 41382
"The QPOINT Resonance Synchronizer emits a subtle field which manipulates all electromechanical resonances within its immediate proximity so that they resonate in unison with each other. By syncing these resonances, the QPOINT eliminates internal electrical noise, enhancing the coherency and timing that is typically lacking in even the most high-end audio systems."

I don't understand what the above bit of BS is saying but as I get it, you just place this thing in the proximity of your gear and it lifts veils, etc..
All for only $750.00 US! I'm wondering how many I'll need for the 5.2.4 rig to get best results?

"I am sometimes ashamed of how little we know about audio, how little we understand about it. We fly to the Moon, we are getting ready to fly to Mars, we have quite good knowledge of how the universe is changing and what its structure is, we have found thousands of planets that are similar to the Earth and we have finally “seen” a black hole, but we still cannot comprehend what (often) negative or (sometimes) positive impact a little wire, a piece of wood or aluminum foil, etc., have on the sound of recordings."

ROTFLMAO, Sal
View attachment 41381
We really do live in an era of the death of expertise.
Who would have thought education would be so easily ignored and complete rubbish accepted.
:facepalm:

Labjr

Major Contributor
The "veil" been lifted too many times!

View attachment 41382

ROTFLMAO, Sal
View attachment 41381

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert

And if you went through the effort to prove there is no field of any kind emitted, there are several forums that would ban you. The polarization of science vs. anti-science has only gotten worse over time. The above is such provably wrong BS it boggles the mind.

REK2575

Welp, time to cross AudioQuest off my list of trusted audio equipment makers. I have a Dragonfly Red which has its uses but is way overpriced for what it delivers; should've just gotten the Black. And out $60 on the Jitterbug. A drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things, but it still rankles to have thrown away money on a product that, as we now see, does literally nothing.

At least I can now stop connecting it to the Dragonfly. It always looked a bit ridiculous using it with my Samsung tablet....

Soniclife

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
View attachment 41382

ROTFLMAO, Sal
View attachment 41381
We are so far past the point where if one of these companies decided to troll us we would be able to tell they were trolling.

AudioTodd

View attachment 41382

ROTFLMAO, Sal
View attachment 41381

Good news Sal!! Just LOOKING AT THIS POST gave me ALL of the benefit of this product without having to actually buy it! My Bluesound Node2/Benchmark DAC3 B/LA4/AHB2 x2/MG1.7i system has NEVER SOUNDED BETTER!!

AudioSceptic

Major Contributor
We really do live in an era of the death of expertise.
Who would have thought education would be so easily ignored and complete rubbish accepted.
:facepalm:
Indeed. It's depressing how pseudoscience of all kinds has become more, not less, accepted, while real science has become distrusted by so many. How did we get to this?

Is there already a thread for this, or do we need to start one?

scott wurcer

Major Contributor
Audio Luminary
Technical Expert
Good news Sal!! Just LOOKING AT THIS POST gave me ALL of the benefit of this product without having to actually buy it! My Bluesound Node2/Benchmark DAC3 B/LA4/AHB2 x2/MG1.7i system has NEVER SOUNDED BETTER!!

Awesome what a concept we can channel all the benefits by sheer energy, the BS would be no worse than theirs.

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
Awesome what a concept we can channel all the benefits by sheer energy, the BS would be no worse than theirs.
Well everyone knows we share consciousness and given these types of devices work in the quantum realm surely it stands to reason we can share the benefits without actually needing the physical device.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Amir, thx for review! I 100% agree that in working system these filters make no difference. I wanted to see somebody with badly broken USB (ground loops, packets loss) try these filters.

thefsb

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Now I want to see a picture of your dog.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Top Bottom