• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
Jitterbug measures a couple of 0.000x times better than without, so it objectively improves the sound of the source.

0.0001% is -120db... just saying. No matter how much benefit of the doubt I'd like to give you, believing you can hear differences of -120db would be quite a stretch :confused:

Again you may be not able to hear that, but I can.

I know I can't. I doubt you can. But if you can prove it, I'll gladly eat my words.

100rounddrum

0.0001% is -120db... just saying. No matter how much benefit of the doubt I'd like to give you, believing you can hear differences of -120db would be quite a stretch :confused:

I know I can't. I doubt you can. But if you can prove it, I'll gladly eat my words.
Doesn’t matter how much benefit of the doubt you give me or don’t, that’s all subjective. There’s a factual difference, and I can hear that.

Killingbeans

Major Contributor
There’s a factual difference, and I can hear that.

All I'm saying is that the analogy would be that somebody fired a rifle at 140db (really effin' loud) right next to you and at the same time you hear someone whisper a word to you at 20db (really effin' low). If that doesn't make you think, I'll just stop trying.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
All I'm saying is that the analogy would be that somebody fired a rifle at 140db (really effin' loud) right next to you and at the same time you hear someone whisper a word to you at 20db (really effin' low). If that doesn't make you think, I'll just stop trying.
100dB: hearing a pin drop inside an unusually loud helicopter. 120dB: o_O

If you could see the pin, that might help.

100rounddrum

True I get what you’re saying, but that’s still subjective. Thus the analogy is absolutely meaningless. I or someone else might hear the whisper very clearly, while another might hear nothing at all, it’s not an objective fact that you can’t hear the whisper AT ALL.

Again, until the day that we can perfectly measure our hearing, I stand by the fact that I can hear a difference with the Jitterbug.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
True I get what you’re saying, but that’s still subjective. Thus the analogy is absolutely meaningless. I or someone else might hear the whisper very clearly, while another might hear nothing at all, it’s not an objective fact that you can’t hear the whisper AT ALL.

Again, until the day that we can perfectly measure our hearing, I stand by the fact that I can hear a difference with the Jitterbug.
120dB, blindfolded inside a helicopter, with ear muffs on hearing a pin drop.

I will say no human can hear that just as no human can hear the changes from this device.

If you would rather believe you can hear these things, I don't really mind.

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Who is to say one or more humans in the 7+ billions of people can’t hear just that?

The real question you should be asking is if you can really hear it. To test this, stop using your eyes and use just your ears to validate your hearing thresholds and ability to hear the differences. This can be very eye opening :) What one imaginary super-human can hear is of no relevance to me and really shouldn't be to you, either.

100rounddrum

The real question you should be asking is if you can really hear it. To test this, stop using your eyes and use just your ears to validate your hearing thresholds and ability to hear the differences. This can be very eye opening :) What one imaginary super-human can hear is of no relevance to me and really shouldn't be to you, either.
Yes, I’m actually listening to my gear instead of only looking at measurements, you know ;p. Should be something more members should do.

I hear it as a fact, since it’s measured as a fact. Maybe you or I am “super-human” (again, another subjective term) in this or another aspect of our anatomy? Who the heck is objectively sure?

pkane

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, I’m actually listening to my gear instead of only looking at measurements, you know ;p.

Ok, so demonstrate that you can hear -120dB signal in a normal level music recording without peeking. That will make the first page in every scientific journal and make you one in 7 billion to be able to do so.

100rounddrum

Ok, so demonstrate that you can hear -120dB signal in a normal level music recording without peeking. That will make the first page in every scientific journal and make you one in 7 billion to be able to do so.
How do I demonstrate that objectively?

CtheArgie

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
"Until the day comes that our hearing can be perfectly measured (not tested, but measured)"

I am confused. Really confused. Maybe because English is my second language. But. What is the difference between measured and tested? You have to measure to test. You use a specified measurement system to test... You have a hypothesis, you design an experiment, you pick a specific validated measurement system and you test your hypothesis!

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
LOL I love the guys who claim they can hear .0001 % thd differences....let alone give Fraudioquest credit for anything important.

Helicopter

Major Contributor
"Until the day comes that our hearing can be perfectly measured (not tested, but measured)"

I am confused. Really confused. Maybe because English is my second language...

If you understand that measurements are quantified, then the confusion is probably not an ESL thing.:)

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I hear it as a fact, since it’s measured as a fact. Maybe you or I am “super-human” (again, another subjective term) in this or another aspect of our anatomy? Who the heck is objectively sure?
Yeh but can you do this?

34a367a4ff2bb1f04026f015818dcbaf.jpg

If not, you are not super human and we are not going to believe a word you say! Take that!!!

Top Bottom