• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AudioQuest JitterBug USB Filter Review

fluxcapacitor

Full Ack.
Galvanic Isolation of the digital input side of a DAC is 100% guaranteed to always eliminate all "ground loop" type of issues, as it fixes the root cause of the problem.
why they dont include it, i really dont understand. Marantz ND8006 had same issue with my pc as well, same shit noise all around. It's an expensive product but even in it there's no isolation at all. Amir probably used a laptop on battery therefore couldn't observe any difference.

Peterinvan

Capitalism encourages profit above all other factors. We should not be surprised that companies take advantage of buyers with more money than sense. This is what they teach at Harvard and Stanford business schools.
The only thing about Capitalism that appeals to me is competition. With some legislated controls, the "profit pirates" will take advantage.

Has Amir tested other USB "cleaner" kit, for example from iFi?

I am still thinking that Amir's tests should be of several sources (PCs Laptops etc.) to see if there is any noise before/after (rather than the effect with several DACs).

EDIT: I see that this review from Achimago addressed the attempt to attenuate "noise" from a NUC

Last edited:

Killingbeans

Major Contributor

Jimster480

Major Contributor
The only thing about Capitalism that appeals to me is competition. With some legislated controls, the "profit pirates" will take advantage.

I am still thinking that Amir's tests should be of several sources (PCs Laptops etc.) to see if there is any noise before/after (rather than the effect with several DACs).

EDIT: I see that this review from Achimago addressed the attempt to attenuate "noise" from a NUC
Capitalism makes everything that we enjoy in our lives including this entire industry.

Every form of government takes advantage of stupid people; the idea is to not be stupid.
Anyone who thinks that other forms of markets create better products; I encourage them to show some examples of such innovative ideas and competitive products without any such incentives to do so other than "mandates".

As far as the performance of the product is concerned, if it can eliminate any noise whatsoever, then it should actually eliminate the noise that the system is producing because every electronic device has noise.
However, I do understand what you mean by systems that have large amounts of noise where things like USB can not even be used. I can personally tell you that I did try a couple of these devices in a system that did have that problem and they did not fix it at all.

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Capitalism makes everything that we enjoy in our lives including this entire industry.

Every form of government takes advantage of stupid people; the idea is to not be stupid.
Anyone who thinks that other forms of markets create better products; I encourage them to show some examples of such innovative ideas and competitive products without any such incentives to do so other than "mandates".

As far as the performance of the product is concerned, if it can eliminate any noise whatsoever, then it should actually eliminate the noise that the system is producing because every electronic device has noise.
However, I do understand what you mean by systems that have large amounts of noise where things like USB can not even be used. I can personally tell you that I did try a couple of these devices in a system that did have that problem and they did not fix it at all.
Three thumbs up to you for that post @Jimster480 !
And I only have 2 thumbs. ;)

AdamG

Debunking the “Infomercial” hawkers & fabricators
Forum Donor

Hi Shipmates,

While I personally tend to align with your reasoned opinions I am obligated to perform my duties in an unbiased fashion. Therefore I must kindly ask you both to refrain from including comments and/or statements about politics…. I know that neither of you intend to make your posts political but we have some reports that claim that they are political and I must agree. So you both are Senior enough to know our Rules on this. Please refrain from further comments on politics including economic geopolitics.

Thank you Gentlemen for your cooperation and continued support of ASR and our Mission. Enjoy your evening Gentlemen. ;)

Top Bottom