• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audioquest GO-4 Speaker Cable Review

Rate this cable:

• 1. Waste of money (piggy bank panther)

Votes: 276 97.2%
  • 2. Not terrible (postman panther)

Votes: 3 1.1%
  • 3. Fine (happy panther)

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • 4. Great (golfing panther)

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The people who bought these cables and got a benefit are 100% correct. Audioquest makes great stuff. It is just like anything else, Moores law applies to audio gear as well. That is why Audioquest (and just about all audio companies) come up with new tech, they need to keep up or be left behind. I have Audioquest power cords on the amps I use for my surround speakers, you are reminding me it is time for an upgradThey are old, but for my surrounds I have just let it be.
That's hilarious. Fraudioquest can be satisfying to some I suppose....

kota1

Just to see how stuff performs, what other reason do you need? Who cares if it's new stuff (which isn't likely to be any different anyways)?

What new tech? Cables aren't electronics.
Chrispy, cables are the interconnections of everything, they carry the signals, the power, without them you couldn't listen to your stereo.

kota1

If it needs 100 hours of break in, how come it doesn't come with a counter for that? Or at least change color or something like PH meter strips do.

Is this a time thing alone? What if I play rock and you play classical? They still break in "around 100 hours?" If so, how does that make any sense?

What if the cable sounds really bad and your brain gets tired of the distortions around 100 hours and tunes them out?

What if I just use them as lamp cord and power my amp with it? Would it break in sooner? You would think so, no?
Yes, I wouldn't critically listen to any component withoiut at least 100 hours of break in. If you want to be exact ask the manufaturer and they will generally tell you. If you are trying to review gear without a break in period I doubt you will ever getl get the same experience that a customer would after living with the component for a while, right?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It is just like anything else, Moores law applies to audio gear as well.
What? The number of transistors in a cable doubles ever 2 years? Even if we apply a generous interpretation: it gets twice as good every 2 years, that’s nonsense. What cable technology milestones have we seen in the past 5 decades?

At this point, your just trolling. Your life here will be short I suspect.

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
Yes, I wouldn't critically listen to any component withoiut at least 100 hours of break in. If you want to be exact ask the manufaturer and they will generally tell you. If you are trying to review gear without a break in period I doubt you will ever getl get the same experience that a customer would after living with the component for a while, right?
:facepalm:

Oh brother.

Why do you even bother to come and post here. Nobody will cater to your unfounded anecdotes and beliefs.

Not a single piece of evidence so far. Or did I miss something?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
If you are trying to review gear without a break in period I doubt you will ever getl get the same experience that a customer would after living with the component for a while, right?
It’s not about experience, it’s about cold hard facts. And these say that break-in of cables doesn’t exist.

kota1

:facepalm:

Oh brother.

Why do you even bother to come and post here. Nobody will cater to your unfounded anecdotes and beliefs.

Not a single piece of evidence so far. Or did I miss something?
Thanks for the reply, OK, here is an example of a reviewer breaking in a component, the Mcintosh MX100 processor for a few months and then testing some new Audioquest Dragon 48 HDMI cables:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks for the reply, OK, here is an example of a reviewer breaking in a component, the Mcintosh MX100 processor for a few months and then testing some new Audioquest Dragon 48 HDMI cables:
Subjective anecdotes, pure nonsense. Remember, these people get payed to write this humbug.

kota1

It’s not about experience, it’s about cold hard facts. And these say that break-in of cables doesn’t exist.
I gotta disagree with you 100% on this one, it is ALL about experience, my experience in my room, that;s it, thats why we do this hobby, period.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Chrispy, cables are the interconnections of everything, they carry the signals, the power, without them you couldn't listen to your stereo.
Except for wireless gear perhaps, true enough, but not particularly relevant to the nonsense you're implying.

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I gotta disagree with you 100% on this one, it is ALL about experience, my experience in my room, that;s it, thats why we do this hobby, period.
What room from hell do you have?

HarmonicTHD

Major Contributor
PTA are you kidding. I asked for facts not dreamed up anecdotes.

There is plenty of info here on the forum, but I don’t get the feeling you are even remotely open to it and rather like to stick to your misguided beliefs. Fair enough, but just stop making those ridiculous claims without any proof whatsoever.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Well, then keep in uncritically reading all that marketing bullshit and all those so-called reviews with the colorful words. This applies once more:
1664603438370.jpeg

DonR

Major Contributor
How do you filter out your biases?

kota1

Amazon has a great return policy, it is a legit way to shop and test out new gear, NP. Reviews from people that paid cash, cashtried a product, liked a product, and then even posted about it are about the best source of info out there. You don't think they would post if they felt they were gypped?

Top Bottom