• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

NgtFlyer

Must give "silkyness" to the sound...

109489558_10217175553770255_1538235152591392217_n.jpg

KeithPhantom

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Blujackaal

And this is why YT low tier for anything audio related. Didn't even bother checking if his seal was 100% before saying anything & the claims it bass is flat because it driver too small is cringy.

PierreV

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Checks out, more or less...

4UMFS3A.jpg

Checks out as initially posted. It is just that your calculator display stretches to fit... like a condom. Oh, and you can adjust to taste. ;)

thewas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
If there's life after death. I sincerely hope all these cunning snake-oil audiophool sellers rot in hell.
S.
The really great German audio journalist Jürgen Egger (RIP) once wrote (electronic translation):

There is a restaurant at the edge of the universe.
Actually, it's not a restaurant, it's a nasty, stinky diner,
in which exclusively greasy, dark lumps with a slimy, light-coloured saturation supplement
will be served. Always the same. Every day. And all you get to drink is warm Cherry Coke.
In this restaurant at the edge of the universe, all the high end guys are locked up,
who have sinned in their earthly lives.
You meet people there who, one or more times, have stated amplifier power in horsepowers,
who have made a fortune with cable, spray or appliance base voodoo,
who cobbled together their dirty loudspeakers for a pig's fee to the
junkie buyers who were stupefied by the trade press.
By the way, one or the other hi-fi journalist sits around there as well.
In this restaurant Chris de Burgh of Mini-Disc runs the whole day through a permanent
clipping pre/amplifier combination and six-way speakers with broken midrange drivers.
This is how I once dreamt it on a restless audio fair night.
I don't know how much truth there is in this dream.
But it is an immensely soothing perspective.

Last edited:

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Sometimes I just feel like starting a hifi cable company just to see if I can sell some € 1k+ cables.

Start with hypex amps in nice cases with a custom input buffer for $10,000, then sell specially matched cables for $2,000, but $1,500 if you buy at the same time. For an extra $500, crygynically freeze them and then break them in with your proprietary blend of music and sounds. Remember, you have to go big and the more fancy bs you plaster on your product, the more you can charge and the better it is.

Rizzle

Start with hypex amps in nice cases with a custom input buffer for $10,000, then sell specially matched cables for $2,000, but $1,500 if you buy at the same time. For an extra $500, crygynically freeze them and then break them in with your proprietary blend of music and sounds. Remember, you have to go big and the more fancy bs you plaster on your product, the more you can charge and the better it is.
You need to lay the marketing down thick too.
"A proprietary blend of copper draws out the holistic qualities of your favorite recordings"
"Each cable has been individually exposed on a regulated frequency level to ensure the stabilization of the copper elements resulting in the optimal transfer of musical sound"

I see dollar signs already.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Top Bottom