• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophoolery humour thread

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I swear to the powers-that-be when I first saw the pic when I clicked on the link I was thinking: Oh, that looks like an interesting cookie. Or is it a donut? Then I read it... shook my head... I'd rather have a cookie!

I thought it was the smallest turbo wheel ever made.

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Helicopter

Major Contributor
Win for the guy selling them.
Everybody wins. According to the manufacturer, the things convert bad energy to good energy. Sounds similar to the PS Audio blinky thing in that regard. Somehow it takes him 25 hours to make. He also sells luxury fuses.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

NgtFlyer

"Patented UEF technology"..
Um, it's a $150 duplex cover.

duplexcover.png

NgtFlyer

How can one be sure they won’t catch fire or explode? Inquiring minds want to know...

Given that almost none of this pixie dust audiophile stuff has no UL/CSA certification, I wouldn't trust any of it.

I trust my NAD amplifier, with its regular power cord that came with the unit. It has UL/CSA. I trust my Topping gear.
I'd never trust what looks like spare fancy bike parts that plug into an AC outlet. I'd love to see someone tear those things down to see what is inside them.

Martini

Forum Donor
I swear to the powers-that-be when I first saw the pic when I clicked on the link I was thinking: Oh, that looks like an interesting cookie. Or is it a donut? Then I read it... shook my head... I'd rather have a cookie!

Yeeh, me too. I thought it looked like a chocolate or licorice crueler. Perhaps even more disturbing than the nonsense of how it came to be and what it does (nae, what it doesn't do), would be to learn how many people actually purchase one of these.

winchells.jpg

Ken1951

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Yeeh, me too. I thought it looked like a chocolate or licorice crueler. Perhaps even more disturbing than the nonsense of how it came to be and what it does (nae, what it doesn't do), would be to learn how many people actually purchase one of these.

View attachment 88377
Gawd those look fabulous! I know they'd make my system sound better as they'd make me feel happy!

Wombat

Master Contributor
Last edited:
Top Bottom