• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophool turned objectivist

Palpatine

I was once a Marv Chen aka "Purrin" disciple. His cult has a strong ability to pull people in. He is kind of like the audio version of Trump. The things he says are populist and appear to be genuine, he seems to be really knowledgeable about what good sound is. But, in reality he is just a shill and narcissist.

I was lucky enough do to this forum and various blogs, to escape the clutches of SBAF.

I appreciate you guys. Thank you @amirm for taking your time and doing all this for the audio community.

My current setup is HD600 and a DX3 Pro and I couldnt be happier. This is coming from a guy who had a Yggdrasil, Woo Audio WA33 and Hd800.

JJB70

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
For what it's worth, you are not the only one that made that journey. I bought into all that audiophoolery in my younger days. Now I still have a nice Sony set up I bought in the mid 90's which I am still very happy with and find listening to music on my modest DAP and far from exotic IEMs to be completely satisfying.

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yeah on second thought I don't really like to see personal attacks like this here, all it does is bring more contentious discussion to a forum which is relatively good at avoiding nonsense.

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I was once a Marv Chen aka "Purrin" disciple. His cult has a strong ability to pull people in. He is kind of like the audio version of Trump. The things he says are populist and appear to be genuine, he seems to be really knowledgeable about what good sound is. But, in reality he is just a shill and narcissist.
My current setup is HD600 and a DX3 Pro and I couldnt be happier. This is coming from a guy who had a Yggdrasil, Woo Audio WA33 and Hd800.

I have a DX3 on order and HD6XX's. I believe the HD800's fall into the trap where resolution is increased at the cost of listener fatigue. As for the audio version of Trump, I don't think that's possible.

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
I was deep into every electron and grain of sand matters for years before doing a bunch of testing and learning a lot more than when I was in grade school and early high school. DBTs are great at humbling people me.

I like Trump much better than the alternative but really think all politics ought to be banned or a political subforum opened and all political talk, including mine, deleted everywhere else. At the trumpet forum I help moderate we did that at first, added a politics sub-forum, but it got so nasty we just shut it down. There are plenty of other sites for that. And it is amazing how someone previously highly-regarded can somehow become an object of ridicule on all things (even things previously acknowledged as expert) based on political or religious reasons (yah, we banned religious discussions too).

IMO - Don

Last edited:

Thomas savage

Grand Contributor
The Watchman
Forum Donor
I'm happy to read of your journey @cuckhold_marv , many of us have trodden a similar path.

However I'm not keen on the theme your using wrt SBAF and the disparaging personal assault on whoever marv is .

We need to change tact there , I'd like a change of your forum handle and no more throwing shade on other places .

I'm pleased you feel your making progress, let's leave the rest in the rear view.

Cheers

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps off topic, but I heard Trump uses a Yggdrasil running into a custom 5 way horn setup with two Vitavox S2s.

FrantzM

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Perhaps off topic, but I heard Trump uses a Yggdrasil running into a custom 5 way horn setup with two Vitavox S2s.
Inquiring mind wants to know: fact or fiction?

maxxevv

Major Contributor

Think you'll be amazed at how good that HD800 sounds when paired with your current DX3Pro now.
I definitely rate it highly paired with the JDS Atom.

Rusty Shackleford

I was lucky enough do to this forum and various blogs, to escape the clutches of SBAF.

I appreciate you guys. Thank you @amirm for taking your time and doing all this for the audio community.

Based on your rants here and elsewhere, you seem like a very troubled person with an unhealthy obsession/grudge.

Milt

Yay!
This attitude of staying positive is why I like this forum so much.
The Internet brings out the best & worst in people.
I've been to most all of the forums and learned to either just leave or if there is any worth just take away those parts
& not get involved in the same old pointless\endless debates & faux snobbery\group think.

Top Bottom