• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophonics RASPTOUCH LVDS Streamer

Flo

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, visiting everyboday since I discovered it! Thanks to the ASR team for the great job here.

Wondering about this streamer by Audiophonics:
https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/netw...i2s-hdmi-audio-gd-compatible-iis-p-12030.html

Audiophonics seems to be making products with good price/performance ratio, like the sabre dac already reviewed in this forum. I am interested in that streamer but I wonder if the sound quality is good. Does anybody has ever tried it?

The best would be that Amirm can review it of course...!

Cheers,
Flo.

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It doesn’t sound.. it only has a digital output in the form of a LVDS I2S port. You’ll need a compatible DAC to make it sound.

OP
F

Flo

Sure. What about this LVDS precisley, any comment about this type of connexion? I see more and more DACs with i2s input but don't understand why it exists anyways... Any difference with more usual coaxial or optical connexions?

I also wonder about quality of the touch screen, if anyone has ever tried it I would gladly hear about your experience.

OP
F

Flo

Thanks for the link, just read the thread through and i2s isn't attractive indeed.
It's a shame the streamer only has this output for connecting with a DAC. Is this due to some limitation on the hardware used so they cannot have coaxial output?

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It’s a choice they made to just have LVDS. You could of course connect a USB DAC, but that would be quite a waste of hardware.

Top Bottom